plumbing in a Megsasquirt MS1

execman

hi,

I've finally plumbed in my MS1 v1 I've had sitting in my garage since 2006, and will be setting it up on Saturday via the latest TunerStudio MS which now I've registered; question: how do I connect the tacho MS lead to the Manta? looking around the engine, there's no obvious place.

further to:

because my MS1 is so old it wont talk to tunerstudio without updating the firmware-which I'm having trouble doing;

question: can I do a straight swap with an MS2 unit? are the pin outs the same, as my DB37 connector sensor tails are all plumbed in? Megasquirt UK is doing:

MS 2 V 3 Extra Code fully assembled, 2.5 bar MAP sensor, 2.5 Bar MAP sensor, good for normally aspirated or Boosted Engines to 30psi max, and fitted with 2 coil drivers so will run a 4 cycl wasted spark, this is the recommended way as you have complete control of the timing and can also use the onboard rev limiting facility, + your Fuel Injection, comes with a resonable MAP to get you up and running, wiring diagram you can download from this site (Link), DB37 Plug, and DB9 cable to connect to your pc, Price £475.00 + and Shipping + VAT

which I'll buy provided I can do a straight swap.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, execman said:

Jess,

I ended buying an MS2 V3 from Phil, as the MS1 proved to be too old to update; we chatted via email and he convinced me to go for the MS2-alomg with a buch of documentation.

i'll be installing it this Saturday, weather permitting.

Had the same sort of experience with mine. Had a webcon system that had been in the cupboard for years, got it on and just running, but loads of issues so ended up with new Omex 600, hooked it up, started first time 🙂

Also the guys could remote connect and tweak it for me!

Andy

2 hours ago, execman said:

Jess,

I ended buying an MS2 V3 from Phil, as the MS1 proved to be too old to update; we chatted via email and he convinced me to go for the MS2-alomg with a buch of documentation.

i'll be installing it this Saturday, weather permitting.

Fair play mate, I have mine bench built and find the connection solid, but not got close to the engine loom yet!
keep us updated for sure 👍