‘81 1600GL Sportshatch

Now that looks very tidy throughout, and only 33K miles. The interior looks like new! Those velour seats were very smart back in the day. I assume the parcel shelf has faded from the original red. Not sure what Vauxhall were thinking about fitting a brown dashboard though. Yuk! Still, it is what it is. 

Shame it's just a 1.6GL rather than something a bit tastier. 

the small square section in the boot floor is a reinforcement section .possibly for the tank mounting.mine has the same double piece.

to be honest the interior doesnt look faded to me ? maybee the brightness of different screen settings ? 

the dark red dash top looks perfect as does the parcel shelf and top of rear seat. this is where they usually fade with the sun.personally i like all the cav velour interior colours and realy wish they had done a dark green velour similar to what you would find in an early royale or monza,senator.

this cav is one of the rare survivors( look at those legs !) most definately along with the green gls saloon 

• Like 2

The dash top ain't Brown, its a very dark, almost purple'ish red, had exactly the same in mine but replaced it when the radio grill got the split thing.

My rear parcel shelf sections are miles worse than those, but the sub does funny things to a cars interior.

Can't understand why a GLS trim clock set in a GL though, maybe just lucky being a later model.

1 hour ago, plumster said:

Can't understand why a GLS trim clock set in a GL though, maybe just lucky being a later model.

Yep GL spec got 6 clock dash for last year of production & apparently one of the few differences in the end was that the GLS model had tinted glass.

• Like 1