GTE coupe sold 25 yrs ago bought back restoration

Vince

Previously owned a black 1985 GTE coupe.  Loved it.  It was my pride and joy and was pampered.  Unfortunately in 1995 I had no option other than to sell it.  When it went I instantly regretted it.  Over the years I've toyed with buying another but always backed out.  They just weren't my car.  Image my surprise to see my old car advised on Facebook a few weeks ago.  An evening of frantic messages and phone calls and I've got her back.  She's a total mess but I'll rebuild her.  

• Like 3

great news Vince, did you used to attend our Billing meetings?....glad you got it back. Remember to join the club if you have not yet done so to access spares...If others are searching to buy back a car they have owned, heard that someone hired a private detective to find the current owner of their old car..not sure how much it would cost though...

Yes used to attend Billing and the central area meets.  Rejoined the club at the start of September.  Still waiting for my welcome pack and to be admitted onto the paid members Facebook page which is frustrating. 

There was a thread yrs ago with a member who photographed nearly every manta he  came across, see if i can find it! Will post a link. 

First car was a manta, not many current owners can say that, dont regret selling it, but it was very reliable, nice colour, Monaco blue exclusive. 

Edited by ®evo03

12 hours ago, ®evo03 said:

Omoc didnt save them, the link is disconnected, big loss, in terms of preserving the history? Why? 

Ive got lots of pictures from the 90's including Billing and trips to Dutch shows. They are with Simon in Suffolk now, hopefully safe..