Kugelfischer Pump

Maddog

Hello and sorry i didnt stop in this parts for a long long time.. life gets in the way.. family and so on.. but i had a crazy idea so i dicided to come here and share it and get some opinions from you guys. 

So.. is it possible to convert from carburattor to MFI mechanical fuel injection with a Kugelfischer Pump in a 1900 CIH engine? i have a plenum laying around from some later cih engine that im painstaking polishing the interior (without cutting it its basicly a puzzle).

This idea came to me when my cuzin told me his lada niva has mechanical fuel injection and i went to search about it, and i found it very interesting since it doesnt have ECU, i like the idea that the car remains eletronics free. 

I know i just have crazy ideas but if it wasnt crazy i would not be me. feel free to brainstorm.

Thank you

https://www.saxonparts.com/product/kugelfischer-mechanical-fuel-injection-system/

Edited by Maddog

You know the LE Jetronic is far superior to the K(= Constant) . And it is super easy to fit. The engine loom basically is self contained, with an earth lug, and then a 4wire connection. With Tacho off coil, Ignition +ve, Starter +ve and a +ve that runs to the fuel pump.

a lot simpler than you think, and in many way easier than K

• Like 1

Hi Maddog, the Kügelfisher injection has got a plunjer pump, comparable with the old diesel pumps. So you need to make a timing belt between the engine and pump. And the feul injected into your engine must be spot on. Think the best choice is one of a BMW2002Tii and maybe you can play with the feul pressure. 

Think as Jess wrote the LE-jetronic is the easier way

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

You know the LE Jetronic is far superior to the K(= Constant) . And it is super easy to fit. The engine loom basically is self contained, with an earth lug, and then a 4wire connection. With Tacho off coil, Ignition +ve, Starter +ve and a +ve that runs to the fuel pump.

7 hours ago, H-400 said:

Hi Maddog, the Kügelfisher injection has got a plunjer pump, comparable with the old diesel pumps. So you need to make a timing belt between the engine and pump. And the feul injected into your engine must be spot on. Think the best choice is one of a BMW2002Tii and maybe you can play with the feul pressure. 

Think as Jess wrote the LE-jetronic is the easier way

thanx for the replies, but isnt it more expensive? because im thinking in ading turbo to the mix.. and for that its needed some megasquirt or sth similar i guess and tuning in dyno and so on everything add to the bill, and it becomes something someone is going to do its not my own hand.. and i read that this mfi it can be diy tuned as long as its like you say spot on with the timing but that maybe i would find some help... to do it properlly. as i said i like the idea of geting a screwdriver and twinkle the basterd not a computer and cables.. i hate cables! HEHEHE but yes probably it would be simpler the le-jetronic, but with the turbo conversion... i dont understand much of ecu's if they just read some basic signals why for the mixture to be right why it cant understand the compressed air of a turbo.. now that i think of it maybe if we just adjust the airflow meter to tell the ecu that more air is actually passing there.. but its stupid because it should know since it actuates through pressure isnt it? so why the hell the ecu needs to be chiped for turbo? well as you cant see im blind as a bat in what concerns ecus so feel free to school me XD

13 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

Now i was looking at this k-jetronic looks cool, why is it inferior? if it has no ecu for me its fantastic :) but that is my personal view of things, probably wrong tho, but with turbo i dont think le-jetronic works or am i wrong? im relly a noob in this things i need to read some more.. i do read tho but i dont understand it very well in the end i just understand properlly when i do thing with my own hands.

You can get around the limitations slightly with LE-Jet &Turbo with an adjustable rising rate fuel pressure regulator and higher CC injectors. The pulse width will be wrong with the turbo, but it can be brought closer to correct with a slightly lower base fuel pressure(careful, atomisation is still important) and then it rises as the manifold pressure increases. This will get you Into 6-7psi ok  , poss 10psi. But in all cases the ignition curve is going to need to be tweaked.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

You can get around the limitations slightly with LE-Jet &Turbo with an adjustable rising rate fuel pressure regulator and higher CC injectors. The pulse width will be wrong with the turbo, but it can be brought closer to correct with a slightly lower base fuel pressure(careful, atomisation is still important) and then it rises as the manifold pressure increases. This will get you Into 6-7psi ok  , poss 10psi. But in all cases the ignition curve is going to need to be tweaked.

would this work for exemple? 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Volvo-760-740-turbo-ECU-ECM-bosch-Jetronic-Computer-0280000518/152325551660?hash=item23774f762c:g:KkgAAOxyZw5RbMs7

i have seen in youtube the goingmanta fellow putting a ecu from bmw so this one since its for turbo would work no? (i still think the pump is way more cool but it costs a fortune and its rare but mabe who knows i get lucky and i found one cheap hehe but yes its probably the best the jetronic sistem but the forbidden fruit always tastes better XD

13 hours ago, Maddog said:

would this work for exemple? 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Volvo-760-740-turbo-ECU-ECM-bosch-Jetronic-Computer-0280000518/152325551660?hash=item23774f762c:g:KkgAAOxyZw5RbMs7

i have seen in youtube the goingmanta fellow putting a ecu from bmw so this one since its for turbo would work no? (i still think the pump is way more cool but it costs a fortune and its rare but mabe who knows i get lucky and i found one cheap hehe but yes its probably the best the jetronic sistem but the forbidden fruit always tastes better XD

You still need to make sure the fuel rail pressure stays the +X above the manifold pressure. This is why the pressure has vacuum hose on the std one. By the time you purchased such bits and bobs As you linked, found they do not really work well, you may as well have gone MS2 extra

• Like 1