The first manta.

ANDY ABBOTT

Lots of fabrication work there, coming on well though👍

I have one of those radiators with fan attached in my C20let Manta, 500 miles of running the engine in and all good, they do look nice although only complaint i had was it wasn't very well polished up, whats yours like?

5 hours ago, Exclusive Opel said:

I have a roll of aluminimum foil tape here and on the back of the label it says 'backing material in car panel repairs' 😄

Welding should be part of the national curriculum, not once have i used algebra, pythagoras theorem, or dissect on a animal, i could have used training on braising, stick, mig, tig welding, along with metal manipulation.

Now they are teaching us to use foil tape, not to worry soon all environmentally friendly electric cars will be made of toxic plastic, bonded together, and have three times the carbon footprint. We will be using old cassette tapes boxes and duct tape. 

Where did it all go wrong... keep that welder going to save another car

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, ®evo03 said:

Welding should be part of the national curriculum, not once have i used algebra, pythagoras theorem, or dissect on a animal, i could have used training on braising, stick, mig, tig welding, along with metal manipulation.

Now they are teaching us to use foil tape, not to worry soon all environmentally friendly electric cars will be made of toxic plastic, bonded together, and have three times the carbon footprint. We will be using old cassette tapes boxes and duct tape. 

Where did it all go wrong... keep that welder going to save another car

I did both Woodwork (junior high) and then 3years of Metal work at senior school. Mostly making a basic tool set. No welding, but we did silver soldering, braising and tempering etc.💪

I doubt they could teach MIG / TIG though due to the H&S issues. 🙈 Remember, we live in a society that are no longer responsible for thier own mistakes, and schools just can't afford the legal costs of claims for eye damage etc 😔

On 15/11/2020 at 16:34, bris jas said:

Lots of fabrication work there, coming on well though👍

I have one of those radiators with fan attached in my C20let Manta, 500 miles of running the engine in and all good, they do look nice although only complaint i had was it wasn't very well polished up, whats yours like?

It looks ok, i'd say making it shine more would be too much of a pain to keep it that way