Auction: 88 Monaco Blue GTE Exclusive coupe

If I am honest, it's a great time to be buying this, rather then selling.

But, did a museum just sell one of these? If so it's a dealer selling this.

Last V5 issued April1993 and not much info on that registration number ?

Edited by Jessopia74

3 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

But, did a museum just sell one of these? If so it's a dealer selling this.

Last V5 issued April1993 and not much info on that registration number ?

The museum example (E47SEC) is indeed sold as per the Facebook posting. One wonders if it was for sale or an offer was made they couldn't refuse. I suppose we will find out in due course.

I'd guess the auction Exclusive has lived in Northern Ireland give its WXI prefix.

1 hour ago, Exclusive Opel said:

Looks to be an OMOC sticker in the window.

Well spotted!

• Like 1

Given the recent sale prices of well kept examples of GT/E and Exclusives, I would expect this one to do well, at least in line with current sales prices which have undoubtedly risen this year. How many Manta owners have reviewed their insurance Valuations?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Monaco Blue said:

I'd guess the auction Exclusive has lived in Northern Ireland give its WXI prefix.

Well spotted!

This is a UK car just wearing a non age related plate. it was an original car in good condition but unfortunately got keyed and has been repainted to a high standard, owner has owned it for a few years and has sat on it until now.

Will be intersting to see how much it fetches.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chrisb said:

This is a UK car just wearing a non age related plate. it was an original car in good condition but unfortunately got keyed and has been repainted to a high standard, owner has owned it for a few years and has sat on it until now.

Will be intersting to see how much it fetches.

What was it's original reg?

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Mike. said:

Any more details on this one yet? Has it sold, auction was today 7th November, I missed the auction due to work.

It's Lot 223. The first 112 were auctioned yesterday (Saturday), the rest today from 11am. I suspect the Manta will be near the end so later in the day. 

Should be available to watch live online. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ®evo03 said:

Still consider it to be low priced considering 40k miles, very hard to find. Great buy, wonder how long it will take before it doubles in value?

If we take inflation into consideration, I think 15years. Within 6-8 years the prices will close up on the fords, but the Oreos are about 10years behind in terms of value imo