Jump to content

Auction: 88 Monaco Blue GTE Exclusive coupe


Recommended Posts

If I am honest, it's a great time to be buying this, rather then selling.

But, did a museum just sell one of these? If so it's a dealer selling this.

Last V5 issued April1993 and not much info on that registration number ?

Edited by Jessopia74
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

But, did a museum just sell one of these? If so it's a dealer selling this.

Last V5 issued April1993 and not much info on that registration number ?

The museum example (E47SEC) is indeed sold as per the Facebook posting. One wonders if it was for sale or an offer was made they couldn't refuse. I suppose we will find out in due course.

I'd guess the auction Exclusive has lived in Northern Ireland give its WXI prefix.

1 hour ago, Exclusive Opel said:

Looks to be an OMOC sticker in the window.

Well spotted!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Given the recent sale prices of well kept examples of GT/E and Exclusives, I would expect this one to do well, at least in line with current sales prices which have undoubtedly risen this year. How many Manta owners have reviewed their insurance Valuations?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Monaco Blue said:

I'd guess the auction Exclusive has lived in Northern Ireland give its WXI prefix.

Well spotted!

This is a UK car just wearing a non age related plate. it was an original car in good condition but unfortunately got keyed and has been repainted to a high standard, owner has owned it for a few years and has sat on it until now.

Will be intersting to see how much it fetches.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chrisb said:

This is a UK car just wearing a non age related plate. it was an original car in good condition but unfortunately got keyed and has been repainted to a high standard, owner has owned it for a few years and has sat on it until now.

Will be intersting to see how much it fetches.

What was it's original reg?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

It kind of hides the history of the car sadly, probably not intentional, but a shame still.

Definitely not intentional. Extremely reputable classic car company owner

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Mike. said:

Any more details on this one yet? Has it sold, auction was today 7th November, I missed the auction due to work.

It's Lot 223. The first 112 were auctioned yesterday (Saturday), the rest today from 11am. I suspect the Manta will be near the end so later in the day. 

Should be available to watch live online. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Monaco Blue said:

Should be available to watch live online. 

Any idea what time? 

 

On 17/10/2020 at 13:08, Jessopia74 said:

If I am honest, it's a great time to be buying this, rather then selling.

Colour of my first Manta, nice car.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ®evo03 said:

Still consider it to be low priced considering 40k miles, very hard to find. Great buy, wonder how long it will take before it doubles in value?

If we take inflation into consideration, I think 15years. Within 6-8 years the prices will close up on the fords, but the Oreos are about 10years behind in terms of value imo

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...