Mk 1 cavalier gls coupe

Kurtupsin75

I'd be loathed to put that engine back in the car where it will get all dirty again,  It would look nice sitting on the sideboard in the best room in the house!!  This is what my Father would call "Professionalism at it's Best" 

• Like 3

absolutely fantastic build this one. 

as said paintwork looks perfect and attention to detail is great.

if it were mine ( so ive got no place sticking my nose in realy !)i would have not used the daft wheel/tyre combo and gone standard rostyle( maybee even chromed spokes ?) but each to their own especially with cars like these.

looks as good as new underneath too .well done.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cam.in.head said:

if it were mine ( so ive got no place sticking my nose in realy !)i would have not used the daft wheel/tyre combo and gone standard rostyle( maybee even chromed spokes ?) but each to their own especially with cars like these.

Keith will probably speak up later.  He tells me the wheels currently fitted are only temporary.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cam.in.head said:

Wheels are at the welders at the moment 7x13  having 205 60 13 fitted wheels only to keep it mobile 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

1 minute ago, Kurtupsin75 said:

Also got a set of 6x13 compacnolos if get bored with the wide steelies 

Finnaly working brakes 

• Like 5

no offence was intended and hopefully none was taken. 

for me and for that particular car i would have gone standard rostyles. ( by standard i mean 5.5j with 185/70/13 tyres. 

everyone has their own ideas and its up to each what they do with their own car. i beleive in keeping things relatively standard or mods that would or could have been done at the time from gm.thats why i wouldnt dream of fitting a 5 speed box ,non gm engine,different wheels,steering wheel etc .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cam.in.head said:

no offence was intended and hopefully none was taken. 

for me and for that particular car i would have gone standard rostyles. ( by standard i mean 5.5j with 185/70/13 tyres. 

everyone has their own ideas and its up to each what they do with their own car. i beleive in keeping things relatively standard or mods that would or could have been done at the time from gm.thats why i wouldnt dream of fitting a 5 speed box ,non gm engine,different wheels,steering wheel etc .

Ived always been a sucker for deep dish wheels 5.5 rosestyle just wasn't doing it for me had go wide kept most of the  car stock just wanted it different from a normal cavalier but also not wanting look like a manta at the same time 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ®evo03 said:

Totally agree, regarding wheels, standard with your own twist, not everyone bands wheels, only retro folk, so its unique. And if you get bored of the look, there are plenty of other wide period wheels to slip on. 

Price of these makes me want uo fit on mine for sure 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ®evo03 said:

Perfect, like the rostyles, the way they should be, great choice, what width, any tyre sizes planned? 

Would chroming work on the rostyles?

Wheels are 7 x13 tyres 205 60 x13 hate to think the price chrome wheels bumbers are enough. 

Wider wheels not only changes the look, it really transforms the feel, great choice banding the originals, and plenty or period wheels to choose from, and are not too expensive, tied with bilstein or avo shocks and lowering springs really hunkers the  car down, and makes a great driver out of them.

Plenty of tried and tested methods out there, and easy to experiment with.  

Ronal turbo alloys would look great, as pauls grey A.