Mk 1 cavalier gls coupe

Kurtupsin75

3 hours ago, Kurtupsin75 said:

Car never far from me when I take it out .never leave it alone I'm having the car traced and tracked coming weeks I'm having hard wired £100 to install then it's 5.99 a month until I say  stop  

Oh that’s relatively cheap tbh then, did not realise they had dropped so much. Thinking old school, crook lock. But I was reading on FB and some dudes custom ford was pinched when it had tracker and he had even removed the steering wheel 😬

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Easiest path for ignition is go with distributor and amp from a GTE, it’s a standalone Bosch setup and is pretty reliable. Depending what you want to achieve, but if your going for mostly drivability then a pair of Dellorto twin 40s (36mm choke) is very sweet. The Dellorto are a better carb than the Webber for road use, but it’s marginal.

The bigger you go with carbs has a drawback, does increase BHP, but it will shift the torque curve upper rev range and not always the best thing for a daily car.

Best option possible with ignition would be add TPS (sensor) to Carbs spindle, crank sensor/wheel to front pulley and go with No-Diz setup (fully mapped ignition curves). 

Also forgot to message you. Sadly Both the 2.4 manifolds I have are cracked underneath, so scrap. Apparently very common on the 2,4 one. 2.0GTE is a good upgrade and larger than the carb version, sorry I don’t have one of those mate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jessopia74 said:

Easiest path for ignition is go with distributor and amp from a GTE, it’s a standalone Bosch setup and is pretty reliable. Depending what you want to achieve, but if your going for mostly drivability then a pair of Dellorto twin 40s (36mm choke) is very sweet. The Dellorto are a better carb than the Webber for road use, but it’s marginal.

The bigger you go with carbs has a drawback, does increase BHP, but it will shift the torque curve upper rev range and not always the best thing for a daily car.

Best option possible with ignition would be add TPS (sensor) to Carbs spindle, crank sensor/wheel to front pulley and go with No-Diz setup (fully mapped ignition curves). 

Also forgot to message you. Sadly Both the 2.4 manifolds I have are cracked underneath, so scrap. Apparently very common on the 2,4 one. 2.0GTE is a good upgrade and larger than the carb version, sorry I don’t have one of those mate. 

No problem m8 I keep searching  around thanks for tips on the cards most appreciated 

• Like 1

I have gone down the twin 40's route with a pair of Dells. I used a GTE exhaust manifold and a pair of short Opel GT inlet manifolds, so I didnt have to move the servo or master cylinder. The inlets came from OpelGTsourse in the states. I struggled with the throttle linkage on the dells as it was touching the exhaust manifold at full throttle. Although Ive fixed that, Im still not happy with the set up. Even though the short manifolds saves moving the servo I still cant fit filters, so it gets noisy on acceleration lol As you can tell, its still a work in progress....

Sorry they are upside down.....its an iphone thing!😡

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 2

On 27/09/2022 at 11:24, fullsunian said:

I have gone down the twin 40's route with a pair of Dells. I used a GTE exhaust manifold and a pair of short Opel GT inlet manifolds, so I didnt have to move the servo or master cylinder. The inlets came from OpelGTsourse in the states. I struggled with the throttle linkage on the dells as it was touching the exhaust manifold at full throttle. Although Ive fixed that, Im still not happy with the set up. Even though the short manifolds saves moving the servo I still cant fit filters, so it gets noisy on acceleration lol As you can tell, its still a work in progress....

Sorry they are upside down.....its an iphone thing!😡

Thanks for pics looks great 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Brilliant time at nec meet some great members and people at the show really looking forward to next year's events cavalier of the road now time to make a few adjustments and improvements over winter nights .thanks to all organisers of club stand been awesome weekend looking forward to seeing everyone next meets Brilliant bunch of members .stay safe guys and girls .

• Like 8

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Kurtupsin75 said:

Hi all like to fit electric fuel pumb wot the best to obtain and psi .running 2 litre with 32 36 weber .thanks 

Stick with a trued and trusted FACET pump Kieth, best if you mount in back if possible but not 100% necessary. Getting it lowdown at the front though

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kurtupsin75 said:

Takes ages to start battery gets slow after turning over so many time to get fuel to carb after sitting more then 5 days .

Ah ok. Like Jess said a facet silver top etc will be fine. Don’t bother with the Chinese copies. 
id mount underneath at the back, rubber bobbins etc as can be a little noisy 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...