Mk 1 cavalier gls coupe

Kurtupsin75

5 hours ago, cam.in.head said:

well i didnt like the look of it on mine and im pretty sure that when i did one straight it didnt come anywhere near the sill trim.i suppose all cars are a little different. they look straight and level in a brochure ?

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

5 hours ago, cam.in.head said:

well i didnt like the look of it on mine and im pretty sure that when i did one straight it didnt come anywhere near the sill trim.i suppose all cars are a little different. they look straight and level in a brochure ?

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Kurtupsin75 said:

Missed a small dent lower wing so masked out that way allow me access to the sill door jam

Ah! Once did that and found it when I was putting the paint coat on, god knows how I missed it 😬

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IanMc said:

Its a real credit to you Keith, it really is a wonderful car - are YOU pleased with it though?

More work than you imagined?

Way more work then imagined lots of rust and broken parts 

1 hour ago, Jessopia74 said:

Looks incredibly mean in those contrasting colours lol

Let me know if you ever want to take a project on for wages, it's an excellent rebuild at a really solid pace 👍

I've been asked by thew people to restore ther cars time and space Is an issue for me 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/06/2021 at 07:32, IanMc said:

Its a real credit to you Keith, it really is a wonderful car - are YOU pleased with it though?

More work than you imagined?

Loads for then I expected but be worth it in the end .

On 07/06/2021 at 19:52, Monaco Blue said:

That's looking great! There's certainly been some graft put into this one! You must be well chuffed with progress. 

What colour are you intending to paint it? 

Bright copper original on the car 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Having the wheels banded 7 x13 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, ®evo03 said:

60mm, have you modifed your front bumpstops? You might want to delete the middle exhaust silencer, the one in front of back axle, it hates speed bumps! 

What gaskets did you get? Is that a cih gauze? 

It's a filter th180 autobox

theres no way in a million years you could use lowering springs around where i am . lots of speed bumps and crap roads generally .

loosing the exhaust box would be a solution but i personally wouldnt want any extra noise and like the standard 3 unit setup.

one thing that keeps popping up in my mind when people talk about the lowering fad is what happens to the geometry.yes it would interfere with standard bump stops but the camber angles and more importantly the steering toe angles on compression would all be out. idealy i suppose you would need to fit lowered shaft track rod ends or move the rack.or do people just lower and see ? 

just curious . not something iv any intention of ever doing but just wondered what people do to get round the issues ? ?

• Like 1

Never had any issues with tracking, got it tracked when it was done, and settled in after a few months, there was only slight adjustment on top ball joint, and smallest tweak on trackrod, when you think about it, it is only lowered to when the compression ends on a standard setup, which would mean, a standard setup wouldnt work on full compression. Going extreme on next build, already raised rear spring seats to 400 setup, 40mm less, which will allow axle to sit closer to body, adjustab!e arms rear, 60mm lowering springs, working on front, running mini shocks, and about 20mm taken out of standard setup, strengthened, and might look a cam adjustment on top bolt through block. Again 60mm lowering springs. Thinking oval exhaust. Careful planning and measuring works. 

Never carry loads, dead weight, or people! Handling is transformed, zero body roll, either bilsteins or adjustable avos. 

Speedbumps are band here! Any laid are quickly removed, 

Seriously, its only the middle box catches if its fitted, its the lowest point, 3 inches lower than any other section, and position is before rise of wheels on speed bumps. Slow is key, there purpose really! 

• Like 2

to be honest ,even though we have lots of speedbumps around here it doesnt seem to slow down the nutters and the roads which dont have them and have been made 20mph limits certainly dont slow them down. only thing that works is cameras and theres not many of them. 

starting to sound like victor but it seriously makes my blood boil 

sorry gone off on a ronnie corbet tangent there but you all know what i mean !

• Like 1