Mk 1 cavalier gls coupe

Kurtupsin75

27 minutes ago, Kurtupsin75 said:

Trying to get polished and anodised local firm

Be good to see that, I was lucky because I bought one of every piece of trim that was available about 15 years ago, fitted them a couple of years ago after a freshen up.

The wheelarch trims are rare as rocking horse & get eaten away with road muck.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Edited by plumster
added text
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ®evo03 said:

Let the rebuild begin! Great job, any advise on zinc plated parts, any reliable companies, always afraid of them loosing bits. 

Just make sure there clean and rust free the company I used very good they charge 50quid a time 

• Thanks 1

this is the one major problem with making a car perfect in all areas especially underneath. i did all mine a few years back and deox bathed every suspension arm and painted back to new. all looked fantastic but a few journeys in the rain or a couple of winters and they looked average again. just working my way through all mine again this year and will re do everything again as i did before.

worth it though as at least you know every bush,joint and boot is perfect.

• Like 3

On 15/08/2021 at 22:59, Kurtupsin75 said:

Hi Ian Been there a couple of times with mine I would take a break from it for a couple of weeks have a breather and I guarantee you when you see it in certain angles you will say wot great looking car and  say to yourself nearly sold it trust me you will regret it the prices of these cars are going up spectacular fashion if not happy with certain things just redo them if not happy with the paint etc I don't cover over give it a new coat .stay safe and keep the car it's the same year and auto like mine  .

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 9

Just now, Jonathan Pounsett said:

Is that a new roof lining @Kurtupsin75? If it is can I have the suppliers detail please?

Thanks.

Aquired it of Alistair maculay

Just now, Kurtupsin75 said:

Aquired it of Alistair maculay

• Thanks 1