Opel Manta A Berlinetta head light switch

Nikolay

Hi everyone! 

Despite having the car since 10 years I still wonder what does the headlight switch do when turned clockwise. Also there are two other switches on the both sides of the rev counter and fuel /temp gauges. I will be pleased if you can help me. 

Thank you! 

1 hour ago, malbasys said:

Turning the switch switches the panel lights on or off.. Th two switches on the sides should be for heated rear window and fog lights.  One or both may have blanking plates fitted if you car doesn't have.

Pulling for interior light too iirc.?

On 28/10/2020 at 12:37, Nikolay said:

Hi everyone! 

Despite having the car since 10 years I still wonder what does the headlight switch do when turned clockwise. Also there are two other switches on the both sides of the rev counter and fuel /temp gauges. I will be pleased if you can help me. 

Thank you! 

Doesn't work, maybe something is disconnected. 

3 hours ago, Nikolay said:

Doesn't work, maybe something is disconnected. 

What doesn't work? the dash lights when you switch it? or something else?

From memory, i think its pull out to sides, then turn and you should get dash lights.

Andy

When I pull out the switch first the sidelights are activated and then the headlights. Simultaneously the dashboard is illuminated. Everything works fine but I don't know what the turning of the switch clockwise is doing 

Niko

The B series switch is different. The A series should as said earlier turn off the dash illumination when turned, designed to be used when parking with lights on to reduce the draw on the battery. On the A the interior light is turned on by moving the light itself.

Edited by 1900SR
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Nikolay said:

When I pull out the switch first the sidelights are activated and then the headlights. Simultaneously the dashboard is illuminated. Everything works fine but I don't know what the turning of the switch clockwise is doing 

Niko

as 1900SR said, the dash light should only be on when turned (or if left in that position, can be turned off) check the knob is not just rotating on the spindle as there is a little sprung metal bit that holds the knob on and sometimes this can just cut into the rubber of the knob when the switches are old, so it seems like the knob is working but its just rotating on the spindle and not turning. If you take it off you can then try to rotae the spindle by hand and then you should see if its working properly or not. 

Andy