Oil Pressure Nightmares

les87GTE

5 hours ago, cam.in.head said:

seen a few over the years on cam in head units but nothing in them . were they for the 2.4 or some senators ?

2.4 has the hole for the pickup and the oil pressure sensor fits into the front cover and not in the block.

• Like 1

On 23/11/2020 at 13:38, cam.in.head said:

hi. i have found a few covers. all carb ones so you will need a plate to cover the pump hole. 

ive picked the best one and it has good useable gears and cover plate/ valve.  

i have taken photos which i cant post but can send to your email if you like. 

looking for £150 all in posted 

gm 90088845

apart from the fuel pump hole the only other difference is the crankshaft sensor tube which a gte doesnt have anyway ?

cam.in.head

Firstly, please accept my apologies for the delay in coming back to you re; timing cover. 

Secondly, thank you for all your time, effort, advice & photo's etc.. However, I have now acquired a second hand replacement cover with the same part number (90090599) as my existing cover. It will now be vapour cleaned and, once my new gears arrive, be taken to my mechanic so that he can re-assemble the engine. I think I have all the parts required but, as we all know, it's never too long before something else is needed/wanted.

Steve.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me resolve my engine problems. Your collective knowledge knows no bounds and I have learnt a lot in a short period. 👏👏

• Like 2

On 29/11/2020 at 20:37, rutts said:

Found this I believe can be used on cih petrol also. Check with possible more tech people

Brand new

Hi Rutts,

I've had a look at this cover and, with my limited knowledge, I don't think it is suitable. Comparing it to the cover I have just received, I notice that it does not have a pin/fixing point for the chain guide/rail although the basic shape, pump, water pump and distributor all look the same. Certainly needs someone with more knowhow than me to confirm 🙂

My replacement timing cover was supplied by Derek at GM6 Spares in Cornwall. He was able to send me a used cover, GM 90090599, which matched the part being replaced making it a straight forward swap. The photo's below show the cover on arrival and then after having it vapour blasted - I was very pleased with the result 😁

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600-1.jpg

IMG_2951.jpeg

IMG_2952.jpeg

• Like 3