Ebay: 86D White GTE Coupe for sale

I have a feeling it may appear on e bay again soon, I’m not sure it sold at that price. If it did sell genuinely, then I would agree, coupe project prices are on the rise. The roof alone would be a lot of work, and I think when stripping it the usual manta rust areas would need work too. 
would make a nice manta once done though and unusual being the auto, I would keep it that way and refrain from the 5 speed manual upgrade.

• Like 6

On 27/11/2020 at 21:04, Mike. said:

I have a feeling it may appear on e bay again soon, I’m not sure it sold at that price. If it did sell genuinely, then I would agree, coupe project prices are on the rise. The roof alone would be a lot of work, and I think when stripping it the usual manta rust areas would need work too. 
would make a nice manta once done though and unusual being the auto, I would keep it that way and refrain from the 5 speed manual upgrade.

Looks like you were right Mike.

1 hour ago, Jessopia74 said:

I do wonder if they buy it, then actually change their mind when they visually inspect it.🤔

I'd think more likely the seller had one of his friends push the price up. Otherwise it would have ended at £4K or just over, anytime i see one end just below a round figure i am suspicious or people trying to push the sale price.

Personally i always bid just over a round number because if the other bidder was dead on you win.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mantasrme said:

I'd think more likely the seller had one of his friends push the price up. Otherwise it would have ended at £4K or just over, anytime i see one end just below a round figure i am suspicious or people trying to push the sale price.

Personally i always bid just over a round number because if the other bidder was dead on you win.

Fair summary, had not thought about shill bidding 😬

I have had people win cars and then turn up trying to haggle, I always list every known fault to avoid this.... one bloke turned up with his 'mechanic' who tried to tell me the clutch was on its way out and wanted 200 quid off, I duly opened the boot to show him the packaging for the clutch I'd fitted 2 weeks back, he spluttered something about it must be his new boots making it feel a bit odd 🤣 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1