Hi, from David

David Graham

Hello everyone,

I've reached the point in my life where I need to have another Manta B having had five of them during the 1980s finishing with a Monaco Blue GTE Exclusive Hatch (D344 CLC) which I believe from DVLA was last Mot'd in 1997 and is now most likely located in Manta heaven .😥

So if you have one for sale or know of one for sale please get in touch.

Also, I wonder does anyone know from their experience if its possible to convert a Manta B from LHD to RHD?

Many thanks.

Regards,

David 

• Like 3

Hi David, welcome back to Mantas 😎

convertion, whilst definitely possible, you will pretty much need the whole bulkhead replacing, so doable but you would need a donor RHD with good panels anyway.

Are you specifically looking for a Hatch ? As you will find they are somewhat slightly easier to find than coupes for sure, but still rare beasts.

GL with your hunt 👍

Jess /  Moderator,

Thank you for your replies. I had both Manta B hatches and coupes back in the 1980s and wouldn't  mind either again, although if you pushed me I would prefer a Coupe now. I was in the dogfight for the Monaco Blue GTE Coupe Exclusive Coupe WXI 5875 at Anglia Classic Car Auctions on the 8th November 2020 but sadly didn't get it.😪

The only reason I have been considering a LHD to RHD conversion is because there seems to be more cars available on the continent, especially in Germany. I have even been considering extending my trawl for potential cars in South Africa or Japan!! So as you might imagine I do want to get one lol, but I want a good one or a sound project to restore.

So if you know of any  other than those already on the usual sites do get in touch again.

Many thanks.

Regards,

David

• Like 1

There was no manta B or CC in SA unless they have been exported later, but there are Manta A's. Something to do with the dates of the Apartheid sanctions.

I think that you are more likely to find a good lhd shell than a rhd. My point been that it would definitely be possible, the limitation will be the issue getting good rhd bulkhead, inner wings etc to do the conversion. You could be lucky I guess.

I *may* be selling my silver coupe GT/j in the new year, as 5 projects is definitely one too many really, but I am not 100% decided yet. But it pretty much restored and still original currently & has great potential. My project thread for its story can be read 

• Like 2