A Series Heater box to bonnet seal

Hi Guys

Now im back on the road again im just working through my snag list!

On the A series where the heater box is there is a rubber seal that seals against the bonnet to stop any engine smells getting into the heater box. Mine is not original and im not sure its sealing properly as when i have been driving for a while you can smell engine fumes.

Anyone know where to get a reproduction of the original or have a piece of original one as a template? I have seen some for the B series online but have no clue how that compares to the A series one?

Thanks

Andy

This seal fits over the edge of the heater box and got one lip pointing up, usually you can buy them at oldtimermeetings by the meter. If you'r going to look for them at an Opel webshop you'll pay more:

http://dr-manta-shop.de/epages/0859c4be-b99b-4b88-8216-6a78b07dc4b5.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/0859c4be-b99b-4b88-8216-6a78b07dc4b5/Categories/2f8639feef43f2964be0cee184dad78c/6aa1be3a9038b9d27d9233bf1c090f21

Picture of the seal:

Me1d0I4.jpg

I would try a boot seal of a Manta-B.

Edited by H-400
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, H-400 said:

This seal fits over the edge of the heater box and got one lip pointing up, usually you can buy them at oldtimermeetings by the meter. If you'r going to look for them at an Opel webshop you'll pay more:

http://dr-manta-shop.de/epages/0859c4be-b99b-4b88-8216-6a78b07dc4b5.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/0859c4be-b99b-4b88-8216-6a78b07dc4b5/Categories/2f8639feef43f2964be0cee184dad78c/6aa1be3a9038b9d27d9233bf1c090f21

Picture of the seal:

Me1d0I4.jpg

I would try a boot seal of a Manta-B.

Hey Herman

That is just what im looking for. Mine is definitely not the original style, so i think it might have to be an order from Dr Manta. I try not to use him as he is expensive but i have not seen them on other sites.

Thanks

Andy

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, moodoo said:

Hi Andy,

Don't know if you've already gone ahead and bought something, but pretty sure I'd have something suitable in work, I could check and send you a piece.

Fin

Hey Fin

Thanks for the offer but i ordered some last year from Dr Manta last year. I ordered a few bits from Germany just in case we came out of Brexit with a no deal and it would cost more later on!!

Andy