1985 Silver 1.8 Berlinetta (project Silver Dream machine)

Jessopia74

Available end of Jan as still waiting on a few trim pieces. 

Its nearly finished, still at bodyshop as been waiting on the side trim clips since I ordered the wrong sized ones from Germany. Not an easy decision, but I have to focus on my Black coupe, along with my 400r and an AsconaA I'm half way through doing. Not to mention my Jag XJR 🙈

1985 Silver 1.8 Berlinetta (std original engine and interior) 
Genuine under 55K miles and 3previous owners, none sunroof. Also has a colour coded set of quads surrounds I will included, but no lights. 

Please see the restoration project thread below for its story and pictures. Had a full glass out professional respray at a classic restoration, after all the panel repairs completed. It will come with all original parts and wheels to return back to original look. 
A discussion could happen about converting it to a C20XE at the garage next to where I store my cars as they do a lot of work for me and I do have a shed of spares for the conversion.

• Car will come with full MOT. as all the work was done from previous failure. The car was viewed by MOT tester but as it was going into paint shop we was going to post one the issue. Obviously all best laid plans so it will be gone through completely again.
  • Front Astra GTE Caliper and new Vented disc fitted, new Brembo pads
  • New springs all round
  • New wheel studs all round
  • Front axle refurbished
  • New sports exhaust to down pipe 

it needs a few things to mint the car imho,

• front screen replacement, even though cutprrent screen is fine, it has an old cellular aerial fitted in top passenger side.
  • front drivers seat is starting to show a little wear on bolster (not holed)
  • Berlinetta decals 
  • Paint rear axle

Located Hull, East Yorkshire. 

Project thread https://mantaclub.org/.../topic/44486-silver-dream-machine/

2A2D30FD-B8FB-4A95-8217-EDBB297FA837.jpeg

95BDD5F5-A6E8-40A9-8563-40247617192A.jpeg

E1115E49-754D-40AE-9A79-18E9186B5E91.jpeg

B15BEDD2-E054-4664-B13A-34C9FCA8B5BD.jpeg

6963C0EB-03FA-43D1-AB70-F3B482557329.jpeg

762A4974-BC80-41C6-A0A6-187378B51D0A.jpeg

0B91688B-F5ED-4064-B706-A2B3B3A81660.jpeg

FAA0C9A9-F4C4-4BB5-BA03-4A30E84268E3.jpeg

EEAB6CFD-8B78-4971-8952-C3F4E9806B00.jpeg

7471AE26-A12C-4FA0-82BC-AF4283CF731F.jpeg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Rapierdave said:

Various people have recently put coupe wanted adds up so can't see this hanging around long.

Rare car that would make a great investment.

GLWTS.

Agree with the above comments.

It does look very nice and there's certainly not many Berlinetta Coupes around these days. The paintwork looks darker than the original silver, but probably just the light

It would be very tempting to leave the rubbing strips off (but that's not OEM). More so as I don't see the mounting holes on the sides. Another option (which I think Opel should have done from new TBH) would be to colour code them. Would look far less obtrusive than the black.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Monaco Blue said:

Agree with the above comments.

It does look very nice and there's certainly not many Berlinetta Coupes around these days. The paintwork looks darker than the original silver, but probably just the light

It would be very tempting to leave the rubbing strips off (but that's not OEM). More so as I don't see the mounting holes on the sides. Another option (which I think Opel should have done from new TBH) would be to colour code them. Would look far less obtrusive than the black.

Poor lighting, my new phone seemed to take darker pics too.

I decided to leave the strips for a couple of reasons, mainly as I kind of wanted to keep it so anything I changed was only bolt on/off, so that it could be reverted back to factory spec in the future if so desired.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stumpy said:

makes me feel guilty for modyfying my berlinetta didnt really realise they were  that rare lovely car mate and as others have said not going to hang around

👍 As soon as I realised this, it changed my mind on the modifications. What has been done is sympathetic really and everything can be undone as it's just bolt on running gear parts.

• Like 2

On 02/01/2021 at 15:36, Jessopia74 said:

Poor lighting, my new phone seemed to take darker pics too.

I decided to leave the strips for a couple of reasons, mainly as I kind of wanted to keep it so anything I changed was only bolt on/off, so that it could be reverted back to factory spec in the future if so desired.

I suspected as much. It looks more like Dolphin Grey in the latest photos. Suits it too! 

Fair play leaving off the strips. They never looked right to be honest. I've seen a few GTE's with them fitted and completely spoil the clean lines. 

• Like 1

On 03/01/2021 at 20:54, Monaco Blue said:

I suspected as much. It looks more like Dolphin Grey in the latest photos. Suits it too! 

Fair play leaving off the strips. They never looked right to be honest. I've seen a few GTE's with them fitted and completely spoil the clean lines. 

They are going back in as removing the pins would be a rather big job and the car should be kept as close to oem imho. However, I am having them colour coded .

10 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

They are going back in as removing the pins would be a rather big job and the car should be kept as close to oem imho. However, I am having them colour coded .

Fair play. Colour coding them will make a huge difference!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

That’s really great to see an original Berlinetta👌
‘they were underrated by everyone from day one, but they are unique in their own way, I had a silver hatch which was great. The cellular aerial shouldn’t be drilled through the screen just a front and back two way tape transmitting through the glass.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Titson said:

That’s really great to see an original Berlinetta👌
‘they were underrated by everyone from day one, but they are unique in their own way, I had a silver hatch which was great. The cellular aerial shouldn’t be drilled through the screen just a front and back two way tape transmitting through the glass.

Agreed 👍😎, been trying to get a screen but it's good otherwise so was hardly dressing

• 1 year later...

Still not finished 🤦‍♂️ However will be completed shortly. And for those that are not OMOC members, the thread I link at the top is only available if you are sub paying member, but it’s been updated with all the latest work that is completed 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Opel Manta B395 PWD said:

Opel Manta B395PWD

My son bought the car from the original owner Mr Baker's daughter after he died

I have a set of photos warts and all  before it was refurbished by the owner of LTC tyres in 2011 if you want to get in touch

That’s quite amazing ! Thanks for posting 😁