Manta Auction

Surprise you only ended in gutter and not in someone’s front garden 

Had the 3.0 back in the day very tail happy and uncontrollable 

6 minutes ago, Ems said:

The description for the car has gone.  To get this sort of money was it low mileage, one owner, unmodified, etc?  What restoration did it need?

Someone in the club had a quick look and need swan necks poor repair, rear1/4s need repair and some more bits 

But did look nice 

Edited by 1200bandit

22 minutes ago, Ems said:

The description for the car has gone.  To get this sort of money was it low mileage, one owner, unmodified, etc?  What restoration did it need?

Think it had 41k miles, or 141k miles, i believe the second as there is no way a cherished manta was in need of such repairs. 

How does everyone value their cars? I know there is a option through the club? Do the insurance companies request a new update every year! I had to produce a new one every year, which was a pain. It would be a worthwhile benefit to club members to have this provided by the club on a rolling basis.

As for manta prices, cant see the fascination with gtes and exclusives, b are better, ok maybe not on a motorway a 90mph screaming its head off, but a twisty b road, lowered, hardened, wider wheels, leave it in 4th, revy pedal on, revy pedal off slightly! How could you beat that. B is still my favourite manta. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well I personally feel it made a ridiculous price for that particular car and reckon the new owner may well be disappointed once he/she gets it home.

I also think a lot of the current prices are partly to do with Covid to, we can't go on holiday and other restrictions, people are spending their money in other ways.

Great for current owners like myself but it just prices out the enthusiast with a limited budget and who likes a good project.

I know someone who has started to look on main land Europe for one as the prices are more realistic over there.

It also makes loading a rust free A series into a container from the states a better option (i can live with LHD) and something I have started looking at.

Ian

• Like 2