NAD 884P Opel Manta B

Jonathan Pounsett

I bought this car for scrap in the mid 80s because the engine had blown up.

I got the whole car less the engine and headlights for £100!! It was exactly what I was looking for because I wanted to do a V8 conversion and I also loved the twin headlights so wasn’t worried that these were missing either.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 1

It didn’t take me long to find a suitable donor vehicle (or two) for the V8 engine and gearbox. 

The engine looks like the perfect fit and a five speed gearbox only required the shortening of gearstick linkage to enable me to use the same hole in the transmission tunnel.