I just saw this on gumtree - Restoration project 1987 Hatch £1700

https://www.gumtree.com/p/opel/opel-manta-1987-1979-cc-/1396795800

It does mention the usual areas that need attention, but given the recent sale prices might well be a worthwhile project for someone.  Unfortunately I think most recent enquiries are looking for a Coupe, this one is a Hatchback but looks like a good basis 

• Like 3

Price match, that is exactly the asking price for my first manta, an exclusive coupe, full mot, had it for 4yrs, 1 Battery needed, thats it. It was over 15yrs ago but just goes to show how things changed.

Worth noting the rear area of hatchbacks are double skinned, would be a full challenge to restore on a really bad shell, rotting boot lid isnt filling me with confidence, but it is what it is,

scrapping the bottom of the barrel.

Q is would it break for more? If not then thats a help, as there is a good chance of it getting saved. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ®evo03 said:

Price match, that is exactly the asking price for my first manta, an exclusive coupe, full mot, had it for 4yrs, 1 Battery needed, thats it. It was over 15yrs ago but just goes to show how things changed.

Worth noting the rear area of hatchbacks are double skinned, would be a full challenge to restore on a really bad shell, rotting boot lid isnt filling me with confidence, but it is what it is,

scrapping the bottom of the barrel.

Q is would it break for more? If not then thats a help, as there is a good chance of it getting saved. 

Interesting info about double skin, did not know that. I would gave thought it similar to coupe !

4 minutes ago, Jessopia74 said:

Interesting info about double skin, did not know that. I would gave thought it similar to coupe !

Its like a hollow section, from behind rear wheels, that extends to rear valance, and across back of car, big enough area, had a fuel pump and all its workings mounted in there.  Its not impossible to repair, but tricky! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ®evo03 said:

Its like a hollow section, from behind rear wheels, that extends to rear valance, and across back of car, big enough area, had a fuel pump and all its workings mounted in there.  Its not impossible to repair, but tricky! 

Good info to know though,