Whining diff

jamie077366

On 21/02/2021 at 22:01, jamie077366 said:

Hi everyone, got to prop bearing and seams ok, I have a new one so will change anyhow, next is pinion bearings.... is this the correct crush washer? Thanks for help. 

23048368-3DD2-482B-B153-1C2FB4CCCD46.png

Looks like the one and these guys in Germany sell them and they look the same

https://www.krause-rennsporttechnik.de/shop/en/Chassis/Rear-Axle/Clamping-ring-for-bevel-gear-CIH?source=2&refertype=1&referid=107

Fun getting it up to the right torque to crush it!! Big bar needed and have your weetabix before you start!!

If you dont have the info let me know as its in the workshop manual so i can look it up.

Andy

• Like 1

Just now, 611 said:

Looks like the one and these guys in Germany sell them and they look the same

https://www.krause-rennsporttechnik.de/shop/en/Chassis/Rear-Axle/Clamping-ring-for-bevel-gear-CIH?source=2&refertype=1&referid=107

Fun getting it up to the right torque to crush it!! Big bar needed and have your weetabix before you start!!

If you dont have the info let me know as its in the workshop manual so i can look it up.

Andy

Hi Andy, thanks, iv got some from ‘autogear’ £80 the pair, seam good quality, made in Japan. Yes if could take a look for me that’d be great , thanks. I’m just trying to find enthusiasm to go back out, I’m a bit Manta’d out again 😂🤦‍♂️

23 hours ago, jamie077366 said:

Hi Andy, thanks, iv got some from ‘autogear’ £80 the pair, seam good quality, made in Japan. Yes if could take a look for me that’d be great , thanks. I’m just trying to find enthusiasm to go back out, I’m a bit Manta’d out again 😂🤦‍♂️

I will dig out the workshop manual and get all the info for the diff tomorrow. Trying to get mine all sorted so i can do some driving when lockdown ends, this nice weather is helping a bit more with the motivation 🙂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 611 said:

I will dig out the workshop manual and get all the info for the diff tomorrow. Trying to get mine all sorted so i can do some driving when lockdown ends, this nice weather is helping a bit more with the motivation 🙂

You weren’t wrong with the weetabix 😂 tuck a lot just to get rid of end float, need to take shims out, was binding once done up. Will take another look at weekend, I’m just doing bits between work and looking after kids at the min 👍