Facebook: 87E GTE Hatch C20XE 2.0 redtop with r1 carbs £5495

42 minutes ago, Sutty2006 said:

Worth every penny that. I’d love those wheels for mine. 

It is indeed mate. If you think of the breakdown of the cost of the engine conversion now alone, that's £2K for XE, and 1.8 parts and carbs alone. 

55 minutes ago, Jessopia74 said:

It is indeed mate. If you think of the breakdown of the cost of the engine conversion now alone, that's £2K for XE, and 1.8 parts and carbs alone. 

Yup exactly. I was pricing up carbs for my redtop but with a decent management system was way too much for what I can afford. Better putting my cash into the gold B I’m trying to get back on the road 

2 hours ago, Sutty2006 said:

Yup exactly. I was pricing up carbs for my redtop but with a decent management system was way too much for what I can afford. Better putting my cash into the gold B I’m trying to get back on the road 

R1 carbs are expensive now (due to all the magazine features mentioning them specificaly) but there are other Mikuni bike carbs fitted to different bikes of the same design that can be had for less. You just need to know a bike guy who can help find the right set, or spend time searching ebay for sizes of carb. Add a Nodiz ignition system and it can be done for a reasonable price, especially if you sell the XE injection stuff to offset the costs.

They do sound sooooo much better on carbs B)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mantasrme said:

R1 carbs are expensive now (due to all the magazine features mentioning them specificaly) but there are other Mikuni bike carbs fitted to different bikes of the same design that can be had for less. You just need to know a bike guy who can help find the right set, or spend time searching ebay for sizes of carb. Add a Nodiz ignition system and it can be done for a reasonable price, especially if you sell the XE injection stuff to offset the costs.

They do sound sooooo much better on carbs B)

Even with cheaper carbs, the costs are high. Manta 1.8 conversion bits are circa £1k now and prices of XE lumps are rising, cheapest I have seen in bits needing rebuild is £600. Bike carb manifold £200 and then carb prices. That's presuming you do all the work yourself too.

12 minutes ago, Jessopia74 said:

Even with cheaper carbs, the costs are high. Manta 1.8 conversion bits are circa £1k now and prices of XE lumps are rising, cheapest I have seen in bits needing rebuild is £600. Bike carb manifold £200 and then carb prices. That's presuming you do all the work yourself too.

Yep, my comment was more for Steve who already has a xe installed.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, mantasrme said:

Yep, my comment was more for Steve who already has a xe installed.

Yeah I thought that. 

to be honest I recon my XE needs a full strip and rebuild before I throw anymore power at it. Runs lovely but anything over 6000 rpm it doesn’t sound healthy at all lol

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Sutty2006 said:

Yeah I thought that. 

to be honest I recon my XE needs a full strip and rebuild before I throw anymore power at it. Runs lovely but anything over 6000 rpm it doesn’t sound healthy at all lol

6K! You driving around in first gear 😂

Oh aye. It may not be a show winner but what’s the point when you can’t enjoy it? I used to love going out for a drive with the lads at work. One had an RS4, one a seat Cupra R, and two had Impreza wrx’s. then there was me with the manta lol. Star of the show. 

• Like 5