Ebay: Gold 84A GTE Hatch (auto) for sale £7500

Seems optimistic for a project with rotten swan necks. Although I've been out of the loop for a while, and if a project hatch auto is worth that then I'm staying out of it too!

I do like the all gold, I think there was a bronze too where they colour-matched the alloys and makes them look "more classic." The downside is having to have beige Recaros and interior parts.

Looks like both bumpers, spoiler end pieces, nosecone and possibly OS quater have been repainted in the wrong gold colour. The main shell looks like 'White Gold' but they are the more bronze gold colour (i forget the actual colour name).

Some better pictures of important areas would be nice, like the daytona check interiour thats apparently really good, engine bay and obviously underbody where the 'LITTLE bit of welding' is needed.

Considering the amount of money he's asking for a none MOT'd project a little more effort in the pictures/description isn't much to ask

Yep well known car to me as it was owned up till 6 months ago by James Coghlan (Stradacab).

James had partially restored it but then lost interest & put it up for sale to concentrate on his other cars.

Car needed floorpan/swanecks welding completing & recommission & MOT to have a useable classic 

It was sold on an Ebay auction for £2000, a fair price in August 2020.

I suspect the new owner has realised the costs to get it roadworthy & seen the recent prices achieved on Coupes & believes he can make a bit of money.

If it was auctioned i believe its a £2K -£3K car. If you get more then that's a nice bonus.

• Like 3

That’s all it seams to be nowadays. Like the gold ascona I tried selling a few years back. Listed everything that needed doing, no sale. Sold it a mate for 800 quid, who sold it another bloke for 900 who put it straight back on eBay as a “project” and it did 1500 quid. Market is weird, very very weird. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Sutty2006 said:

That’s all it seams to be nowadays. Like the gold ascona I tried selling a few years back. Listed everything that needed doing, no sale. Sold it a mate for 800 quid, who sold it another bloke for 900 who put it straight back on eBay as a “project” and it did 1500 quid. Market is weird, very very weird. 

Difference is Steve your Ascona you sold went from £800 to £1500 which even allowing for the fact it was a few years ago seems normal classic price inflation

The current owner bought a £2K car for £2K & six months later thinks its worth £7500 ! 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rapierdave said:

Difference is Steve your Ascona you sold went from £800 to £1500 which even allowing for the fact it was a few years ago seems normal classic price inflation

The current owner bought a £2K car for £2K & six months later thinks its worth £7500 ! 

All within about 2 weeks. I listed 12 pictures of the car, engine shot, interior shots, pictures of the rotten chassis, doors etc. Last seller threw a bucket of water over it and took some wet pictures of it and straight on eBay as a “project”. Never saw it again. Probably ended up on eBay. Problem was, I was very honest with everything it needed. And I think that put people off, which is not what you’d think. 

24 minutes ago, Sutty2006 said:

All within about 2 weeks. I listed 12 pictures of the car, engine shot, interior shots, pictures of the rotten chassis, doors etc. Last seller threw a bucket of water over it and took some wet pictures of it and straight on eBay as a “project”. Never saw it again. Probably ended up on eBay. Problem was, I was very honest with everything it needed. And I think that put people off, which is not what you’d think. 

I suppose so long as you was honest and got what you wanted then there isn't an issue really?

We had it with a mint hatch last year I think. We sold it and a week later the dealer tried to make £3000 on it. I was not bothered as i had made my money and he was trying his luck 9fair play that is what makes the world go around). The dealers problem was he bought off somebody who knew the market. In the end it was for sale for £5 less than he paid for it........you win some you lose some and the rest is what it is. 

• Like 2

Not really lol, it owed me a little more than the 800 I got for it. 3 times it was listed on eBay and made about 700 on bids each time. Reserve was 800 I think. Don’t think I’ve ever had any luck selling classics. Much like that rekord that I had, chucked well over 4K in that. Sold it for 1750 and it went to Ireland. Then got sold again for 3750€. I’ve given up with that game, got better things to be doing now lol 

• Like 1

I did quite a bit of work on it.

Most of the interior was retrimmed or correct bits sourced. Did most of the welding but stopped at bulkhead and legs which needed going through properly. I ran out of time so let it go last year. I was pleased with what I got for it and it was a good complete basis for a project.

I did some local paintwork with the correct colour and shade but 35 year old whitegold metallic with died back tint isnt the same as new paint so my plan was to have the sides and front blown over.

I guess, if I had held on, I might have got a few hudred quid more for it now on the basis that it is coming up to the nicer weather. Back in August I needed my garage back to dry-store RBY for the winter so that was a bigger priority.

If anyone wants any more inf or pics please pm me. Its not a 7500 car (!) but it is worth saving if you can get it for the right price cause It has a lot of new or fresh parts on it

• Like 3