Auction: Silver 83A Manta 400

That is my all time dream Manta, but I can't help thinking I'll have more fun in the Manta's that I already own. 

I'm sure it would just end up being kept in the garage and not being driven for fear of something happening to it.

• Like 1

Sean Hovell has just put his 400 up for sale on the Facebook group. £75K.

Screenshot_20210315-204054.png

Screenshot_20210315-204108.png

1 hour ago, starmist said:

Well I've registered on the auction site...just in case.

I like your optimistic outlook! If you miss out on the silver 400 you could always just go for the white one above, albeit LHD. 

Previous 400 owner once advised why not to have one! I took his word, and am sticking with that.

These 400 owners talk about cashing in! Wonder will they ever regret it, when they are worth 150k ? Its a same as it will go to a collector, or investor, undercovers, and hidden away, opposed to a enthusiast!

Funny enough a previous owner of the silver one had a E30 M3, and compared the manta to an old bus compared to the M3. 

Mean, you couldn't even fit a corsa eps, as you would get .......well you know what i mean!

Edited by ®evo03
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, ANDY ABBOTT said:

These 2 400s for sale actually make me think about selling my whole collection to put towards buying one 🤔

Haha. They can’t be enjoyed. Gasket sets £5k and other stuff just mega money......not for me. 

Still a CSL. Always has been and always will be 😙

I had a nice chat this morning with the owner of the Zoo auction house that is selling the 400.

He came across as a really nice, genuine guy, he said that as a new business they have been getting 200 to 300 website hits a day, but since the 400 was listed that has jumped to 3000 a day!

Apparently there is a discrepancy with the mileage, the true mileage could be 100,000 more than shown. I did say that I didn't think that this would unduly affect the final price achieved in the auction, as it is such a rare car.

• Like 1

Lovely car(well beyond my shallow pockets) I would hope that the issue with the rear spring becoming unseated while suspension is dropped has been rectified would make an interesting landing if it gets airborne :o.

Thats no better than a boy racer hack with cut springs, there is a legal way of stopping axle drop when proper lowering springs are fitted, this obviously isnt included in the 75k asking price. 

And at 75k i would do my research, before buying, i know the silver ones history, and its just not for me, never was. It is a shame history isnt included at that price! Thats where forums, project builds and documented history becomes invaluable. Then star reading between the lines. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hoobby said:

Lovely car(well beyond my shallow pockets) I would hope that the issue with the rear spring becoming unseated while suspension is dropped has been rectified would make an interesting landing if it gets airborne :o.

Years ago i had a car that did that when you jacked it up. They never came unseated whilst driving it, and i had it airbourne over various stuff whilst road-rallying it back then. The dampers slow the suspension droop enough that you will be back on th eground well before they have dropped out.

Well unless you are doing a dukes of hazzard jump over a bridge :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, ®evo03 said:

Thats no better than a boy racer hack with cut springs, there is a legal way of stopping axle drop when proper lowering springs are fitted, this obviously isnt included in the 75k asking price. 

And at 75k i would do my research, before buying, i know the silver ones history, and its just not for me, never was. It is a shame history isnt included at that price! Thats where forums, project builds and documented history becomes invaluable. Then star reading between the lines. 

Please remove or do something with this post as my car has never and never will have cut springs the springs were made by spax at a massive expence the car has full documents along with its homologation certificate and has also been verified by club400 as a original car produced by irmscher.

I did see your last post about jumping on the band wagon and cashing in and not being an enthusiast i have my reasons for wanting to sell and can assure you a thousands of hours and 18 years put into the car 75k doesent even cover my time.

You are and people like you who make comment without facts and hide behind keyboards are why i left the omoc  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Fjz400. said:

Please remove or do something with this post as my car has never and never will have cut springs the springs were made by spax at a massive expence the car has full documents along with its homologation certificate and has also been verified by club400 as a original car produced by irmscher.

I did see your last post about jumping on the band wagon and cashing in and not being an enthusiast i have my reasons for wanting to sell and can assure you a thousands of hours and 18 years put into the car 75k doesent even cover my time.

You are and people like you who make comment without facts and hide behind keyboards are why i left the omoc  

TBH, I'm not sure the comments re the springs were aimed at your 400. I'd assumed it was the silver RHD 400.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fjz400. said:

I appreciate that other people’s views and comments always touch a nerve when they aren’t well received . I don’t think anybody said you weren’t an enthusiast , I think what was actually said was that it might  be sold to someone who was a non enthusiast and would just sit on it as an investment. I’m very new to the owners club and have little knowledge of history of cars and members so I can’t really comment on either. As soon you either post on a forum or advertise something on the internet for sale , you open yourself up and wear your heart on your sleeve . It’s the nature of the beast. Good luck with the sale 

• Like 2

All I can think of right now is drumming 75k up........ so far I’ve got enough to buy the steering wheel. Mrs won’t let me sell the house. I’ve told her we can live in the caravan but I got dirty looks from her, and the dog. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Buz said:

Crowd funding or timeshare .  Or 75 members , £1000 each , all names in hat ..................now that would be a zoom meeting and a half 

Anyone for a raffle ticket? £1270 a ticket. 59 numbers. Oooooooo the possibilities 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Monaco Blue said:

TBH, I'm not sure the comments re the springs were aimed at your 400. I'd assumed it was the silver RHD 400.

It was the silver one, that i was replying to someone elses comment regarding a rear spring movement, and how it can be easily rectified, safely, as they done on works 400s, just didnt want to go into details on making it mot legal or otherwise.

Your advert got stuck into the middle of a post on the silver car

tbh no better time to sell, cashing in term, meaning < selling and moving on > as in cashing a cheque, in a bank, job done! 

I have never commented disrespectfully on anyones car for sale, or condition, or price. Anywhere, thats between the seller and buyer. < anyone elses comment shouldn't count

All the very best with your sale of white 400, and the other silver 400 aswell. The other car quoted right below and above your car. > not that my comment should count. 

Edited by ®evo03
  • Like 1