Panel prices.

Buz

I was just wondering what a fair price would be for a B bonnet in decent condition.  I’ve just bought a pair of excellent condition wings for £125 each which seemed expensive but considering the pattern wings on eBay made over £500 a pair it was probably a decent price.  The seller has asked me what I think and he’s a decent guy so I don’t want to steal it but I don’t want to pay for his next holiday either.  Thanks in advance 

Some people ask stupid money for parts. As above, £150 for a mint one is a fair price in my opinion. I’ve been after a mint bonnet for a while, even found one for a reasonable price but I think it got sold from under me. The bonnet I’ve got is rot free but is dented in places and they’re too flimsy to fill. 

• Like 2

Mmmm, I got one about a 18 months ago & think it was around £100 Had great intentions of trying to sort it myself but between my lack of time & lack of skills with bodywork it’s sat in the shed  

Been quoted £300+Vat to repair & paint but I need to get it media blasted first. 

If there’s a mint black bonnet around for £200 please let me know. 

742DF9FE-E950-4C04-88B0-5702E578999F.jpeg

EE278EC6-9EB6-4623-B7AC-CBD44D2C9664.jpeg

804FF9EA-80F4-40DC-837C-BA9810394A8D.jpeg

246F0899-2BBB-4C17-8ECA-95A0D3C5C92C.jpeg

• Like 1

I bought an absolutely mint bonnet last year for £100 and that was mates rates, so I was aware I had a bargain. It was a new, painted but unused one, so I was a lucky boy. £150 wouldn’t be a bad price as a general guide but there are people that are asking silly money for some things on eBay but as they say....things are worth whatever folks are prepared to pay. 
I have a few bonnets in store Steve, so might be persuaded to part with one! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Irmscher Man said:

I bought an absolutely mint bonnet last year for £100 and that was mates rates, so I was aware I had a bargain. It was a new, painted but unused one, so I was a lucky boy. £150 wouldn’t be a bad price as a general guide but there are people that are asking silly money for some things on eBay but as they say....things are worth whatever folks are prepared to pay. 
I have a few bonnets in store Steve, so might be persuaded to part with one! 

I’m not that good with persuasion, begging on the other hand........ haha. But yeah, I’m after a really good bonnet, don’t mind if it needs paint just needs to be dent and rust free. Not in a huge rush either so have a think and let me know if you would like to part with one 😁

• Like 1

I have at least 3 bonnets in my unit Steve, that’s a spare one for each car! Any more than that are surplus for me because I have been banned from buying any more cars! 😌

I’m going to the unit this weekend so will have a look.....so that’s a bonnet and I’m sure there was something else I was supposed to be finding for someone else.....just need to remember who and what!

Nice one.....thanks Buz! I have a list of things to look for (for me and you two guys) so better write them all down! 
I will take pictures and put some up over Easter for you to have a look at with prices etc.

• Thanks 1