Free Club Membership?

Mike.

Sorry for posting in the wrong section but I was under the impression that all members were to receive a years free membership in 2021 as per discussion at the last AGM. My membership expired today and I presumed I would automatically be given another year’s renewal, but that hasn’t happened?

I have no problem or issues with paying for another year, but could some clarification be given on this subject, 

thank you 👍

• Like 1

On 02/04/2021 at 14:52, Mike. said:

Sorry for posting in the wrong section but I was under the impression that all members were to receive a years free membership in 2021 as per discussion at the last AGM. My membership expired today and I presumed I would automatically be given another year’s renewal, but that hasn’t happened?

I have no problem or issues with paying for another year, but could some clarification be given on this subject, 

thank you 👍

Same thing has happened to me today. We need some clarification on this ASAP, as it was mentioned in the EGM (months ago)and highlighted by members previously.

I have no problem paying the money to re-subscribe, but I don't want to be hanging on to find out. 

Please PM me rather than hanging our washing out to dry in public so I can commit to the OMOC again, as this doesn't look good on the whole clubs behalf, and you know the backlash lies that go on at Farcebook HQ, and other Un-Social Media Platforms.

“A lie can travel halfway around the world before the truth can get its boots on.”

• Like 1

Been trying from Dec to resolve a membership issue, pmd a few, no reply, and i know, patience! And with everything going on, But sometimes i think, Hello!, is there anyone there? .............nope!  Even offered to assist, clubs dont run themselves, not much more i can do, still no reply! 

• Like 1

Rest assured that we are trying to get this resolved. It relates to doing an update to the complete membership database, and that is only something that our webmaster can do. What with lockdown, and some folks being much busier than usual ( generally those who work in IT), having the time to resolve the issue has been a challenge. 

I will follow it up with the necessary people after Easter and try and get it sorted. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, plumster said:

In relation to this post: My membership lapses tomorrow (06/04) should I renew or hang fire?

I would renew mate and rake the extra year later, might take a while for them to get it implemented. 

Looks like I will have to pay to renew my membership, as the update to the process is taking sometime. I don't mind paying just thought it would be nice to have the process of a free year membership as an instantaneous flowing switchover.

Club Officials, Offer my free year out in some competition on Farcebook etc. if you wish to try and get newer members involved.

As has been explained above, it’s in hand, it may take some time to sort out as our webmaster does it from the good of his own heart. No doubt he’s busy, but if it’s been agreed, it will be sorted eventually. I’m going to lock this thread now. There’s enough info on this subject in the comments, just a matter of being patient now. 

• Like 1

• Sutty2006 locked this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

12 Months free Membership has been applied to anyone eligible as per the vote at this years EGM.

If anyone has any questions about the free extension, please send me a PM.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6