B series coupe rear quarters

What you paid seems about fair, Ian Virco top bloke that he was by today's pricing gave me the n/s for only £150 in 2016. I was thinking of selling my Manta recently as I might need £££ for stamp duty if the house doesn't go through in time  but Ian let me have that panel to use it, I'd feel like I'd have let him down if I didn't see it through.

I’ve seen rear quarters go for that price in Europe, and the stock of them is getting ever lower so if someone needs them, I guess it’s down to how badly they want to restore a car. I think the past pair I saw went for £850 each and that was probably about a year ago. Just glad I picked some up 20 years ago when they were still available. I think they were about £450 each from the main dealer back then.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Irmscher Man said:

I’ve seen rear quarters go for that price in Europe, and the stock of them is getting ever lower so if someone needs them, I guess it’s down to how badly they want to restore a car. I think the past pair I saw went for £850 each and that was probably about a year ago. Just glad I picked some up 20 years ago when they were still available. I think they were about £450 each from the main dealer back then.

Funnily enough, £450 20 years ago with inflation is £1k now 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I imagine if someone offered cash for both panels you would get them cheaper....but as all have said...very very rare panels......Front wings are treated as consumables, less so rear quarters. Luckily found one a skip at a dealers in Devon, and boot lid and a few other manta bits. Left behind 4 noses cones, but as were Chevette ones!!!!

Some Ford quarters are selling at £1500 plus..

• Like 1

Original rear quarters are now costing an arm and a leg but then reproduction pattern parts are not being pressed because there is not enough demand, where does this leave us when we require panels to complete our projects? Definitely a rock and a hard place.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Irmscher Man said:

That's what I've paid in just February this year.  Mind I did have to add shipping costs from Malta.  

• Like 1

We were supposed to be getting in touch with a company to remanufacture panels. Problem is no one wants to sacrifice an expensive oem panel. Some panels were bought, but then COVID hit and it went a bit dry. We should have a few hundred of them pressed, so the price comes down 😂

First ive heard of it? What panels are sourced, and what panels are needed, do you get rewarded for sacrificing a oem panel, with gold. 

Cant see ten roof skins being needed, next yr, or even next 5 yrs. Quarter panels only cure the arch area which is already covered by an inexpensive repair panel, the inner arch section would be more of a benefit. Unless your into side swipes? Accidents do happen.

A posts inners, outers, would be the next big thing

Think manta panels missed the boat, think back 10, 15, 20yrs ago, there where needed more then, there are less being restored now, most are living the high life.

Found a fabrication guy, could make almost anything from scratch, ok maybe not a roof skin, but im solid roof so, a big headache removal. 

We have been dealing with a company called Expressed Panels in Keighley but as Steve says, things have ground to a halt because of lockdown. We have provided a few panels for them to start working on, namely A series front lower valance and B series complete rear panel, with the option of having the lower half made separately. They also have a battery tray for a B series that they have been investigating making up a repair panel.

Hopefully we can get things moving on this again now things are starting to open up a bit.

https://www.steelpanels.co.uk

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I need a Coupe roof.

I did need two but have past the point of no return on one car now. It’s easy to find most manta panels quite cheaply if you’re patient, but after the cost of shipping, stripping, repairing etc. you can easily be hundreds of pounds in. I recently bought a really solid door but it still needed dismantling to treat the rust in the twin-wall construction in the end of the door.

I for one would love a reliable source of panels. You could sell to non OMOC members at a slight premium allowing club members to  enjoy preferential rates. 😃

823D0470-15FE-41D0-B8FE-8AB7F93BA50C.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, GTEPETE said:

Just as a suggestion, if we share this scheme with  European Manta owners, we may get a larger market to sell any new panels...

I believe that Expressed panels sell quite a bit of stuff in Europe too, so shipping out worldwide isnt a problem. Good thing is that the club will get a guaranteed discount on any manta parts. They run this scheme for a few other clubs and it seems to work well, the club provide the panels for them to copy and then every member gets the benefit. We get the original panel replaced too, so it’s a good scheme. The only downside is that the panel has to be ‘deconstructed ’ as part of the process they use to make the tooling so is a sacrificial part but small price to pay.

• Like 2