Recaro seats

I have a pair in similar condition which will be available soon.  Also have the subframes (No sliders) and a very very rough coupe rear seat ( car sat outside missing the rear screen killed that). If anyone is interested get in touch. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Vince said:

I have a pair in similar condition which will be available soon.  Also have the subframes (No sliders) and a very very rough coupe rear seat ( car sat outside missing the rear screen killed that). If anyone is interested get in touch. 

Do you think they will clean up or need retrim ing?

3 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

Do you think they will clean up or need retrim ing?

Fronts should mostly clean up.  Think the bolsters will need some attention.  Rear will need a complete retrim if it's even savable?

20 hours ago, Vince said:

Fronts should mostly clean up.  Think the bolsters will need some attention.  Rear will need a complete retrim if it's even savable?

Sadly that's a problem, as getting the material seems really difficult 

55 minutes ago, Jessopia74 said:

Sadly that's a problem, as getting the material seems really difficult 

I use a company in the USA called sms auto fabrics. 

You send a sample and they match it up, I got a beige cloth from them that was 99% identical to the seats in my old ascona

I also got black recaro cloth from them the same. 

Well worth a try.  Foam padding wise I have spare foam but you can also cut new stuff to shape if you have the skills. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, paulmanta said:

I use a company in the USA called sms auto fabrics. 

You send a sample and they match it up, I got a beige cloth from them that was 99% identical to the seats in my old ascona

I also got black recaro cloth from them the same. 

Well worth a try.  Foam padding wise I have spare foam but you can also cut new stuff to shape if you have the skills. 

What was the sort of costs? 

16 minutes ago, Jessopia74 said:

What was the sort of costs? 

Post was the worst bit to be honest. It was cheap for the actual fabric. They have thousands of types of fabric and they posted me a load of samples and I chose the ones best for what I was up to. 

P

Man they are dirty beasts! Cleaned rough seats before be removing material, power hosed it, submerged in a tank with disinfectant, power hosed the sponge submerged it disinfectant, power hose again, then washed the material with carpet cleaner, thoroughly dried in a greenhouse, summer temps for a few days, surprised how good they came up, spotless in couldnt be cleaner. 

Think you are gonna need industrial strength cleaner, 

14 minutes ago, Troubled Taff said:

I might have a good full set, I can't tell from this post it anyone is actually looking for some though.

Sorry, mine are hatch if I have any. How urgent is it please they are in storage and I am away from home at the moment. I can get some pictures next week.

As above Oaul, feel free to DJ me when you get them looking for a fairly good set for my car 👍