Cibie 5 3/4” spots new old stock

I fancy these but can’t justify it.  
If you’re doing an original/concourse  build however they’re hard to find so may be of interest & possibly worth importing. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cibie-5-3-4-Ecode-main-high-beam-headlamp-pair-100w-H1-bulb-upgrade-genuine-/224406356835?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

• Like 1

Oh my, you’re right. They wouldn’t fit mine either! 
I was keeping my eye out for ages as the cibie seemed to be the thing to go for. My spots have been misted & looked bad but I’d finally ordered Hellas anyway, hope those fixings work 🤯

Edited by Trooker

Just fitted new old stock cibies in my i240 E45 SFK made them fit the bezels quite easily by slotting a hole and fitting the original plastic adjuster. Made all 4 fit in a coupe of hours easy enough job 

Edited by ANDY ABBOTT
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ANDY ABBOTT said:

Just fitted new old stock cibies in my i240 E45 SFK made them fit the bezels quite easily by slotting a hole and fitting the original plastic adjuster. Made all 4 fit in a coupe of hours easy enough job 

Did you just drill a hole in those tabs on the back of the lights?

1 hour ago, Jessopia74 said:

Are those plastic adjuster bits still available?

Not that I’m aware of. Think someone was trying to remake them but was very expensive. I’m sure a 3D printer would knock them out pretty easy by now. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mickfrad said:

😱 it doesn’t feel that long since whole cars were available for not much more

3 hours ago, Sutty2006 said:

Not that I’m aware of. Think someone was trying to remake them but was very expensive. I’m sure a 3D printer would knock them out pretty easy by now. 

It's a good point that those adapter bezel are definitely a 3D printer option

• Like 1

800 quid for a set of headlights? Jesus H no. It’s not a Ford for heavens sake. Not to mention the fitting kit wouldn’t work with bolts, no way of attaching those bolts to the headlamp bezels. And they’re LHD lamps anyway. I need to find someone with a 3D printer.