**AUCTION ENDED - SOLD **White 1988 Opel Manta Gte Exclusive Coupe ( F334 HFT) on EBay.ie

• Jessopia74 changed the title to **AUCTION ENDED - SOLD **White 1988 Opel Manta Gte Exclusive Coupe ( F334 HFT) on EBay.ie

This didnā€™t show up on eBay uk as it was on eBay ie,Ā missed out on a huge section of the market. Mistake by the seller or eBay not getting it out to a wider audience.Ā Somebodyā€™s got a bargain even with all the work needed.Ā 

• Like 1

As said, seems someone got a bit of a bargain. Presumably it will be staying on the Emerald Isle.

Interesting to see the original invoice. He got Ā£5K trade-in for his 3-year old GTE (C Plate) when it was circa 3 years old. Not bad at all, and seems he got a healthy discount on the new car too!

Edited by Monaco Blue
  • Like 2

Literally made a complete balls of this. Had every plan of bidding and had a shocking day at work and at 7.00pm when I finished I remembered there was an auction.

Couldn't believe the price, I thought it would be more considering what's gone before. Anyway my fault for not putting in a max offer while I was looking at it Monday evening.

Ā 

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Fatchops said:

Literally made a complete balls of this. Had every plan of bidding and had a shocking day at work and at 7.00pm when I finished I remembered there was an auction.

Couldn't believe the price, I thought it would be more considering what's gone before. Anyway my fault for not putting in a max offer while I was looking at it Monday evening.

Ā 

Done exactly the same thing in the past myself. I know use Gixen. Brilliant free system for making Kant min snipe bids.Ā 

1 hour ago, Jessopia74 said:

Done exactly the same thing in the past myself. I know use Gixen. Brilliant free system for making Kant min snipe bids.Ā 

Never even heard of such an app, shows my lack of online bidding knowledge.Ā 

Noticed the carpet pulled back from sill, if thats the sill it looks scarey, but it is a project and quite a major one but would make a nice car with hard graft, and would be with while if overheads could be keep within reason, whoever won, goodluck with project!Ā 

Depends where the car is really and what setup they are running, cant see a 40ft car transporter having a easy lift for the car auctioned above.Ā  Donegal is in the north, but part of the south!Ā šŸ˜€šŸ˜€šŸ˜€Ā which wouldnt be motorway miles.Ā 

Eg, i can get a car lifted on the M1 corridor (uk) give or take approx Ā£200. If its a major hassle, it hits your pocket.Ā 

Foot passanger on a boat, car returned, approx Ā£150, but......... depends on seller willing to meet you, driving it onto boat, etc. And in todays climate! Car transporter is their job. Giving that there are smaller ferry routes, ferry deals, etc etc.Ā 

• Like 2

Thanks for the information.Canā€™t go to lreland at this time as itā€™s 10 days lock upĀ 

Will have more information on Sunday hopefully put a deposit down.

The chap l am getting it from is 100% genuine as sold him a manta about 5 years agoĀ 

Ā 

21 hours ago, 1200bandit said:

Whatā€™s the cheeps, best way to get a manta from Ā Northern Ireland to LiverpoolĀ 

Ā 

I had one dropped at a haulage company in Ireland and loaded onto the back on a artic trailer. Came over in back of trailer on ferry and dropped off at my yard lol. Cost me Ā£250Ā 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 1200bandit said:

Not the white exclusive, but l am 99% shaw of getting a Monaco blue exclusiveĀ 

Its about 50 miles from BelfastĀ 

Needs no welding and never been welded ( very rear indeed)Ā 

l will be owner number 3Ā 

Ā 

6C882B70-C26A-4C24-BDE3-12C63548CCE6.jpeg

BB073C01-9ECA-49E0-B218-D477D30D4D7F.jpeg

Nice one! Hope it all goes to plan. That looks very tidy. Was that the one you mentioned previously?Ā 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Monaco Blue said:

Nice one! Hope it all goes to plan. That looks very tidy. Was that the one you mentioned previously?Ā 

Yes it was but donā€™t what to jinx it ,Have been looking for about 18 months for the right mantaĀ 

When it lands on my driveway the will be a lot of photos

Ā 

Just now, 1200bandit said:

Yes it was but donā€™t what to jinx it ,Have been looking for about 18 months for the right mantaĀ 

When it lands on my driveway the will be a lot of photos

Ā 

Sorry looks like l highjack this pageĀ 

• Like 4

My mate is just in the process of buying his old Z4M BMW Roadster back from Ireland and is using a company called Shiply they handle everything and door to door from Ireland to Northants fully insured is Ā£400.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 01/05/2021 at 06:40, chrisb said:

My mate is just in the process of buying his old Z4M BMW Roadster back from Ireland and is using a company called Shiply they handle everything and door to door from Ireland to Northants fully insured is Ā£400.

A good deal in principle but I have had shiply deliveries in to me for other things and they are often done by utterly knackered vans with Eastern European drivers who have been up 2 days straight who have put in the lowest quote just to get the job to keep the wheels moving no matter what.Ā 

Use caution when dealing with shipping brokers like shiply, they don't actually do the job just offer it up on the site for the lowest bids.Ā 

• Like 2