32/36 DGV Weber carb information needed

Sutty2006

Does anyone have this carb on their manta? I need some pictures of it. I can see where the throttle cable goes, but I have another lever with a ball on the pivot and a bracket for a  Boden cable, but the way it levers doesn’t make sense. So I could do with seeing a working one...

the red arrow points to the ball in particular. Is that a manual choke setup? If so, how is the cable routed? 

3FC26973-3B66-450A-8281-12A41AA233BC.thumb.jpeg.d5e4090ce779f8bbbebb66e658f94f9b.jpeg

B3EFE2FE-FE46-483E-ACC0-DBD164783771.jpeg

10 hours ago, rutts said:

Ballsocket pushes on with a leaver sticking out into throttle bracket. Think I have one in unit.

If you could have a look that would be great. The ball nut doesn’t move, it just rotates and the bracket coming off to the left goes up and down. Doesn’t make much sense . 

2 hours ago, Sutty2006 said:

If you could have a look that would be great. The ball nut doesn’t move, it just rotates and the bracket coming off to the left goes up and down. Doesn’t make much sense . 

From that picture and what you are saying I think the bracket on the butteryfly spindle out of carb is sat under its movement mechanism, when it should be on top. Look at blue operation arrow in picture. From memory, the rest of the mechanism is as close to drawing 

7FF9DB05-31F8-4B82-A577-FF137C18AA89.jpeg

4 hours ago, Sutty2006 said:

Thanks I’ll have another look when I get home. What’s the red line? It that a bar that goes a cross to lever the lever? 

Think so, although it's positioning would be different . I seem to remember some spring or mechanism there

28 minutes ago, MrCarlos said:

I can take some pics of the setup i have on the ascona for you tomorrow - it should show you everything you need to know.

Do you not have the throttle linkage which bolts to the inlet manifold ?

It appears not, or the clip that holds the throttle cable in place. What you see in the pictures is all I have. I picked this engine up like it is, and the car had no engine in to begin with. So it’s all new stuff to me on these CIH engines. I’m going up to my unit tomorrow to check what throttle cable I have! Any pictures you have Carl would be great! 

18 minutes ago, Sutty2006 said:

It appears not, or the clip that holds the throttle cable in place. What you see in the pictures is all I have. I picked this engine up like it is, and the car had no engine in to begin with. So it’s all new stuff to me on these CIH engines. I’m going up to my unit tomorrow to check what throttle cable I have! Any pictures you have Carl would be great! 

Hehe its money for old rope with me lol

Ill get pics tomorrow and can supply a suitable linkage and cable from stock if needed 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, MrCarlos said:

Hehe its money for old rope with me lol

Ill get pics tomorrow and can supply a suitable linkage and cable from stock if needed 🙂

Great. Meet you here tomorrow to discuss missing/present parts? 😂

See, that looks different to what I thought it would. Lots going on there. Evo can you get me a pick of yours to compare? Carl that ball headed nut you sent me looks different to the one on yours, you’ve got a 13mm nut instead 🤔

11 minutes ago, Sutty2006 said:

See, that looks different to what I thought it would. Lots going on there. Evo can you get me a pick of yours to compare? Carl that ball headed nut you sent me looks different to the one on yours, you’ve got a 13mm nut instead 🤔

Yes i spotted that lol, there are all sorts of different variations on the linkages and after market conversion sets.

Thats the set up for a 2.0 varijet conversion , but the 1.9 linkage for the zenith carb is different again with the linkage working the other way round and a big long throttle cable looping all round the engine 

I can sell you a linkage with matching short throttle cable which will work with the ball thingy for £30 plus postage and packing which will be a nice simple solution!

• Like 1

Well I’m definitely missing a throttle cable. Can you get me a picture of it? So that I can compare it to the setup on my manifold? Sorry to be a pain in the buttocks. 

ive got a feeling I’m going to need the exact Weber linkage assembly, as I recon this was converted early on in its life. 

27 minutes ago, Sutty2006 said:

Well I’m definitely missing a throttle cable. Can you get me a picture of it? So that I can compare it to the setup on my manifold? Sorry to be a pain in the buttocks. 

ive got a feeling I’m going to need the exact Weber linkage assembly, as I recon this was converted early on in its life. 

Sure , ill get some pics tomorrow for you 🙂

• Like 1