Irish blue

1200bandit

Some of may know that have been looking for a Manta coupe for 18 months 

Did get a white hatch (Sticky) but did not feel the love for a hatch,( it was 100% solid) but got sold 

Have found a Monaco blue GTE in lreland.lt needs a bit of work ( nothing major ?????)

Will come with 12 months MOT.

Stevie had taken it px on one he sold.I sold the red Manta to him about 5 years ago 

The only thing that can wrong is that it fail the MOT in a big way Dont think it will 

Has a bit of light rust on the inner wings, so will paint the inner wings,steering wheel needs a clean ect all picky stuff 

Will come with original wheels 

Will have to get it from Northern lreland to Liverpool.once it here will post so photos.

Got sent some photos from Stevie 

Dont think it going to be a major project 

will post photos of before and after 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 11

Yep, looking good, know what your saying about the hatch, they just feel different, like a rwd astra or mk2 cavalier, must be the extra length of the coupe that makes it drive differently. I have a wee hatch and its cool, run near identical setup of all mantas, bilstein shocks, 60 lowered, even swapped to see if wheels made a difference, Its like extra weight over the axle, maybe its the tank and hatch bootlid combined, you will feel the difference in the new coupe! 

The rear bumper was from the red manta l sold to Stevie 

1. Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

22 minutes ago, Jessopia74 said:

Very nice Wayne , been a wait but looks like it's worthwhile . So what was the price?

£9,000 plus mot and transport to Liverpool.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 1200bandit said:

The rear bumper was from the red manta l sold to Stevie 

1. £9,000 plus mot and transport to Liverpool.

Good price mate, you not lost on that. Not a fan of the wrap around rear end myself 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, 1200bandit said:

£9,000 plus mot and transport to Liverpool.

That's a very good price for an Exclusive coupe! I think you might have got a bit of a bargain there. It all looks very tidy!

13 hours ago, 1200bandit said:

May fit a original rear bumper, don’t know as yet 

Not a fan of the Irmscher rear apron. I think it makes the back end look a bit cluttered/heavy. More so on an Exclusive with the 3-piece spoiler.

Edited by Monaco Blue

56 minutes ago, Trooker said:

Was the second plate  A1 0MOC with slight spacing tweaks?

Somebody on here must know the history of that.   

Was hoping that someone my know some history 

Got to figure out how to do Irish HPI history if it can be done 

• Like 1

sorry but back to an earlier reply.

people say hatches feel different than a saloon/ coupe.

i have the same issue with a sportshatch vs a 4 dr saloon. the hatch definately drives better ,floats over bumps,undulations better. and trying to make the saloon feel the same.so far ive swapped things from one car to another to compare but not got it sorted yet. 

so far ive swapped to try 

wheels/tyres( all 185/70/13 gt2's anyway )

shockers( all std new old stock originals)

front springs

rear springs

rear trailing arms.

so far no noticeable change.

next up im going to swap front axle top mountings,side braces,then move on the comparing the upper and lower arm bushes( all std gm)

i know this all sounds like a lot of work but its worth it to me. dont get me wrong saloon drives great,no issues as such but the hatch just feels better and it seems to be front wise too not rear as some have suggested. 

so to sum up. both cars have identical std springs,bushes ,wheels,tyres and even feel as soft to bounce at the front by hand. hatch is a 2.0 manual and saloon is 2.2 auto so in theory the auto  shouldd be heavier and ride smoother.as if you had more passengers in the car

. just before i do the front suspension parts swap im going to add the weight difference by loading up the boot to make both cars  weigh the same . 

now i know you think im mad but any other thoughts 

before 

I think the coupe looks better then the hatch ( just my opinion) 

The hatch is a more particular car , it just feels to big inside when driving it 

The coupe feels more compact inside when driving it ( l know it sounds a bit weirded)

Driving the coupe or the hatch l did not feel any different to me 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1200bandit said:

I think the coupe looks better then the hatch ( just my opinion) 

The hatch is a more particular car , it just feels to big inside when driving it 

The coupe feels more compact inside when driving it ( l know it sounds a bit weirded)

Driving the coupe or the hatch l did not feel any different to me 

Exactly mate. Each to thier own, but the coupe is the sports car out if the two. Hatch is a GT

• Like 1