8 hours ago, cam.in.head said:

so to sum up. both cars have identical std springs,bushes ,wheels,tyres and even feel as soft to bounce at the front by hand. hatch is a 2.0 manual and saloon is 2.2 auto so in theory the auto should be heavier and ride smoother.as if you had more passengers in the car

. just before i do the front suspension parts swap im going to add the weight difference by loading up the boot to make both cars  weigh the same 

Adding the weight to the car boot wont make a difference, only weight difference i can see is the auto v  manual  gearbox, which isnt in the boot, would be interesting seeing difference in corner weight. 

Body wise the 2 back doors would add weight! 

Out of interest, are you running recaros in both? 

On 08/05/2021 at 07:41, 1200bandit said:

How’s the roof liners getting on 

Hi mate, the short answer is, its not going at all - I have done nothing on the Cavalier for at least a month...

Life, work and other cars are getting in the way at the moment. Plus, I am having one of my fallen out of love with it sessions at the moment. In truth, I have thought seriously about selling.

1 hour ago, IanMc said:

Hi mate, the short answer is, its not going at all - I have done nothing on the Cavalier for at least a month...

Life, work and other cars are getting in the way at the moment. Plus, I am having one of my fallen out of love with it sessions at the moment. In truth, I have thought seriously about selling.

Can’t sell it ,you have put to much work and yourself into the cav .

lf you sell it you will wonder why .

Best forget about for a bit then go back to it 

I really regret sell the bandit 1200 .I was feeling a bit down when l sold it

• Like 3
On 07/05/2021 at 22:40, ®evo03 said:

Adding the weight to the car boot wont make a difference, only weight difference i can see is the auto v  manual  gearbox, which isnt in the boot, would be interesting seeing difference in corner weight. 

Body wise the 2 back doors would add weight! 

Out of interest, are you running recaros in both? 

hi. no theyre both cavs so definately no recaros. prefer normal seats.

bearing in mind that this situation was the same even before i converted it to auto im leaning towards it being the top axle mounts( they are the early dismantleable ones)which im going to change for later 1 piece units or a slight difference in the arm bushes hardness.i will possible try swapping the whole axle assemblys over to see what happens.

originally i though it was the tyres as it was running unknowns but now theyre both on newish goodyear which ive tried on each car anyway.

sorry to sort of hijack someone elses thread here. il plod on an see what transpires !