Irish blue

1200bandit

On 08/08/2021 at 20:08, Titson said:

W G Grose, Kingsthorpe. Bought her new when I traded my Berlinetta hatch in. I bought the hatch new from the Vauxhall Opel dealer Croyland Motors in Rushden at the time.

Thanks for the information, Always interesting to get some history 

Had the manta for a week now the little jobs have mounted up 

When l got the manta it smell like it was over fuelling 

When l dropped the coolant the alloy T piece fell to bits ( top with water will replace the coolant) also blocked T piece throttle body not getting hot

So made one up ( temp one) run the engine hot running a lot better ( no smell) . Made a better one now ,hopefully will not leak 

Found some keys on eBay ( £7.00) just got to get them cut 

When l removed the alarm the bolts where solid on the inner wing ,had to rip it off ,so the inner wing will need welding 

Got some carpet for the boot so that will it look a lot better 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 2

On 08/08/2021 at 20:08, Titson said:

W G Grose, Kingsthorpe. Bought her new when I traded my Berlinetta hatch in. I bought the hatch new from the Vauxhall Opel dealer Croyland Motors in Rushden at the time.

I was bought up opposite there. Was a Lada dealership during my childhood from my earliest memory. 

• Like 1

Some more bits done 

Got the dash lights working, removed the white plastic bits much better 

Give the coolant system a good flush out with water( more pink coolant flush out)

replaced the T piece ( made from plumbing pipes) cost about £5.00

Fill with water again run it hot , hopefully no more pink coolant 

When removed the temp T piece found pink curd on the alloy side the T piece, the copper side clean 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fullsunian said:

With regards the upside down pictures, if you are using an iphone make sure the volume controls are at the bottom. that should fix the problem👍

Great tread by the way and nice to see one come back from over the water.

Ian

Hi lan l am on a iPad,  so can’t take photos upside down on most things 

Only happening on here 

48 minutes ago, 1200bandit said:

Hi lan l am on a iPad,  so can’t take photos upside down on most things 

Only happening on here 

Different forums can treat metadata differently.

I notice your pictures are all in Landscape, are you left handed? I just ask because if you are, you’ll probably click the home/photo button with your left thumb but to the iPad programmer of 2012 or whatever it was that’s upside down & the iPad photo could be ‘telling’ this forum which way is ‘up’

• Like 1

I am right handed . The photos are correct in the photo album 

The iPad will spin the image the correct way around when a photo is taken 

The business card come out correct on here is that l had put the card upside down 

😶

2 hours ago, 1200bandit said:

I am right handed . The photos are correct in the photo album 

The iPad will spin the image the correct way around when a photo is taken 

The business card come out correct on here is that l had put the card upside down 

😶

This is as bad as tracing an air leak on a manta 😂

• Sad 1

Apple decided that when you capture a photo with the volume buttons facing skyward, like most people do since we're used to camera shutter buttons being on top, this is actually upside down. Apple also wants to keep the process of capturing and saving a photo to be as fast as possible so you can keep snapping away.

• Like 1

Will try and take some photos with the volume buttons at the top.

Only did small bit of work tonight ( is whiskey night) 

Fitted boot rubber ( from a Nissan xtrail is a bigger ) fitted very well 

Are trying to fit a Renault Clio rubber carpet mat looks okay more cutting required. 
Also got red LED light which are going to try a wire into the boot light so when the boot is open the will be a very bright red light ( got to work that bit out) 

Dropped the water ,coolant out running clean, run engine hot heater pushing out hot air 

Fitted the rad cover (home made one) hopefully will not fall apart when it gets wet.

Clean out the boot,got the boot light working,fitted a red LED into the boot 

Just now, 1200bandit said:

Dropped the water ,coolant out running clean, run engine hot heater pushing out hot air 

Fitted the rad cover (home made one) hopefully will not fall apart when it gets wet.

Clean out the boot,got the boot light working,fitted a red LED into the boot 

A big thanks to evo03 and everyone the photos come out the right way round 

1 minute ago, 1200bandit said:

• Like 3

Not much done today so far, got the interior light working 

LED light is bright ( thinking if the boot is open on dark night it will be visible)

And now the photos are definitely coming out okay 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jonathan Pounsett said:

Or the entrance of a gentleman’s club. 😉

Hatches are better! 

On 14/08/2021 at 21:10, 1200bandit said:

Gonna miss turning my screen upsidedown to view! 

Put a coat of paint on the boot floor.Looking a lot nicer 

Will not see when all the carpet is fitted 

Anybody know of something thar will cover the fuel tank

Found headlight adjustment kit on eBay.will they fit a twin headlights 

Depends on the type of lens used. 

I replace all of mine with new hella 1L300 2850-06 units. I put 4 in, so you get 4 sidelights as it looks better, I wire up the dip as outside and main as inside but use a front fog lamp switch to have the outer mains come on if I want. 

Simple stainless threaded bar and little hooks put on the end made from the stainless inserts you get in windscreen wipers along with new stainless compression type springs hold them in. 

You can use the original plastic nuts to adjust if you use the right threaded bar. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1