Irish blue

1200bandit

1 hour ago, 611 said:

I know its not quite the same but these are BMW lights in my A series. From E36 i think.

Don't know if its of any help?

https://www.theopelproject.com/fitting-bmw-angel-eyes-to-a-manta-the-adaptors/

https://www.theopelproject.com/opel-manta-a-series-fitted-with-bmw-e30-halo-angel-eye-lights/

They look really really good. 
Think is a different set up on my manta,but l need all the help l can get 

I think l need to see the rear of a original headlight from a twin headlight manta as the lights l have may not be correct.

24 minutes ago, 1200bandit said:

They look really really good. 
Think is a different set up on my manta,but l need all the help l can get 

I think l need to see the rear of a original headlight from a twin headlight manta as the lights l have may not be correct.

Thought it was worth a try just in case!

Much appreciate Andy 

Made a pattern from the brackets,/ little tabs on the headlights 

as you can see the holes don’t line up when placed on headlight housing 

l can get to fit into the housing but don’t seat right 

And the headlights are pointing into the air 

This is why l think headlights are incorrect 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Edited by 1200bandit

On 20/02/2022 at 20:51, ®evo03 said:

There has to be better images on some of the project build threads, something with quad light fitted. 

I haven't touched quad lights in over fifteen, twenty years.  Or longer for the type you have, irmscher type. 

I think if you have the cassette to load the lens into,  as the cassette will hopefully line up with the holes in the quad light setup.

Try searching cibie headlight retaining ring.

Edited by ®evo03

Some interesting variations, like the mix in the standard light with the quad contained inside,  it's different. 

Try searching for cibie headlight retaining ring. 

Plenty of years worth of hassle on here if you search, nothing has changed,  but pic show I was right!  I'm amazed I can ever remember, cassette,

Edited by ®evo03

Had some time today 

Put the headlights into the boot,will revisit them at a later time 

Got a front bumper of Rob . So made a start on it day ( not raining)

The bumper has come up very well, not damage or cracks, still got more to do on the bumper 

• Like 5

Got some stuff done today 

Removed the o/ s wing ( the lower bolts where a bit sized) to carry out the welding to the inner wing 

Found the the top of the inner wing a little bit rotted 

Made a repair panel welded it in , has not turned out to bad 

Cut of the rot on the inner wing , made some repair bits 

It was the easiest repair to do 

Got to finish rubbing down the front bumper, then rub down the rear bumper 

As it’s getting warmer will be able the paint 

Hers some photos 

• Like 1

On 27/02/2022 at 07:19, ANDY ABBOTT said:

For the headlights visit our monaco blue exclusive restoration thread on here or the secret project by Kevin Abbott. Both show how to make and fit the headlamp adjusters in detail. 

Had a look for your thread can not find it .

Can you remember what date you posted it as it will be easy ( hopefully) to find

Carried out some welding today. Well pleased the way it turned out 

Put rust converter on ,some sealer on to cover the pin holes 

Got to prepare the inner wing (inside and the under side) for paint 

This was a lot easier than l thought 

Just hope the o/s is just as easy 

• Like 5

Have started the cleaning the underside of the inner wing.
What are the thoughts on the painting the underside of the inner wing 

I am going to Underseal the underside,do l paint it a oil base black paint or paint it Monaco blue, also the inside of the front wing do l Underseal,paint it or just Underseal it .

bilt hamber stuff is very good and to be honest probably the best. ive done many a car detailed and painted underneath but they dont stay like that for long so you need the toughest hardest wearing stuff you can or youl be doin most of the repairs again in another 10 years or so .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is what l started with 

This is the first time l used this welder ( it’s a cheep one,only good fro small bits of welding)

It works ok when you get used to it 

Only used a very small amount of body filler 

A bit of primer will let it dry for a few days,nib it off primer it again 

Very pleased with the repair 

This repair was not that hard ( whoud have been a lot easier with a good welder) ,so don’t understand why it was done probably 

• Like 5

Had to clean the garage today. Has not been run for about 5 weeks, refit the battery lead started up instantly runs sweet.Give it a good wash, give the inner wing a good clean, inner wing is very solid .Still waiting on some unseal.

• Like 1