May Bank holiday Monday

Not technically a spot but I did wonder if my 150 odd mile round trip to collect a great condition bonnet from west London (thanks again @monaco ray ) would appear on here as there were a fair few looking. Maybe they were looking at the old bonnet! 😬

Anyway, in case anyone is wondering a bonnet will fit in the back of a hatch... just 😎

image.jpeg.b9d49776b0f53d08744effeb6552a833.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 1200bandit said:

Hatch’s are more practical than a coupe. But don’t fell it for a hatch 

Each to their own, I like both but probably prefer the hatch now as it suits me best 😊

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ®evo03 said:

Yeh they have their uses! Hatch, pickup, small van.  Any other loads a hatch will take? 

My son & I picked up a very large classic Fender Bass cab with it from Coventry last summer. Cruising down the M40 with that in the back somehow felt cool/nostalgic & fun. 

Mines had plenty of crap in the back over the last 33 years. My dad did use it as a van for his business back in the 80s (even though we had a van), used two hatches to move my brother back down from college, including his push bike. 10ft metal roofing sheets, tip runs, dogs, holidays, Manta parts (of course!) with loaded roof rack when I cleaned my dads garage out of his parts. Had a Manta bonnet in there as well after finding one for £5 in Plymouth.  Think it's had a back axle in there at some point. New fridge freezer. It's surprising just how much you can fit in there.
Incidentally, you can just fit a Manta bonnet in the back of a mk3 Astra the normal way. Useless piece of information for you!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Exclusive Opel said:

Mines had plenty of crap in the back over the last 33 years. My dad did use it as a van for his business back in the 80s (even though we had a van), used two hatches to move my brother back down from college, including his push bike. 10ft metal roofing sheets, tip runs, dogs, holidays, Manta parts (of course!) with loaded roof rack when I cleaned my dads garage out of his parts. Had a Manta bonnet in there as well after finding one for £5 in Plymouth.  Think it's had a back axle in there at some point. New fridge freezer. It's surprising just how much you can fit in there.
Incidentally, you can just fit a Manta bonnet in the back of a mk3 Astra the normal way. Useless piece of information for you!

Yes I’ve had a pushbike in the back of mine, 4x2’s even some branches. 
It’s still fun on the backroads empty though 😁

I had all my band gear in the back of my various hatches over the years. With the back seat down, it was cavernous. 3 keyboards in cases, PA system with Yamaha amp, 2 keyboard stands,  Mic stands and 2 boxes of cables. Even managed to fit a few lights in on occasions. Was a bit of a pisser when I got a puncture on the A14 one evening and had to empty the boot in the snow on the village green in Cold Ashby. Happy days though. 

• Like 1

+1  agree on the hatch. everyone has their own opinion but personally i prefer the hatch and the 4 door saloon. 

ive never realy liked the look of the 2 door saloons or coupe. obviously thats just my opinion and thats what 

i have. 

hatches have loads of room inside as we know .

still trying to figure the driving differences between saloon and hatch. will be swapping subframes over soon to compare !

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, cam.in.head said:

trying to figure the driving differences between saloon and hatch. will be swapping subframes over soon to compare !

Wow! sounds a bit extreme to me but fair play if you have the equipment etc will be interesting to hear how it goes 👍

hi. equipment ?

anyway subframe removed from hatch this afternoon.couple of hours and a few cuts !

will do saloon on monday. 

yes it may seem like a lot of work but to be honest its only 4 subframe bolts,2 antiroll bolts and engine mountings.calipers and shocker tops.also steering uj.

if the cars now drive like each other then i know its something on the frames complete. my moneys on the arm bushes. all original and perfectly ok but maybee some are a bit firmer? wel see !

• Like 1