Remanufactured Panels - B Series Coupe Rear Panel

Remanufactured Panels - B Series Coupe Rear Panel  

16 members have voted

1. 1. 1. Please add your name to the list if you are interested in purchasing a B Series Coupe Rear Panel

• Please put my name on the list and contact me about payment
    • I am not interested

To try and get an indication of how many people are interested in buying a B Series Coupe Rear Panel, we need to know numbers for the potential order and ideally we need a minimum of 10 to proceed.

Once we have confirmed numbers, we will proceed with the order for the panels to go into production with Expressed Steel Panels. When the panels are ready, you will then be able to order direct from their Website (or via telephone order) and they will be shipped from them once manufactured.

These will be quality items and made from 20 gauge steel. Some of their other items can be seen here - https://www.steelpanels.co.uk/products/ 

TO SHOW INTEREST IN PLACING AN ORDER - JUST CLICK ON THE "YES" BUTTON ABOVE.

The Details:

This post is for a B series Coupe complete Rear Panel.

The Price is not yet confirmed but is likely to be approximately £200 each plus VAT

Club Members will receive a 10% discount on this price. 

Some pictures of the original GM panel that the remanufactured panel will be based upon :

Coupe Rear 1.jpg

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, starmist said:

At around £200 this looks cheap compared to the battery tray.

I thought the exact same thing. Either one is cheap or the other is expensive. I’ll take one of each though. Lol

I am not needing a Manta rear panel. Yet!! If the price is going to be around the £200 mark I will take one to help get the manufacturing process moving 

• Like 2

Although this is a large piece of metalwork, is it actually a relatively simple pressing. If you look at the A series front panel too, that is a similar sort of price. The cost of each panel is more about the amount of manual labour required to finish the part than anything else. The Battery tray needs to have a bracket pressed and welded on and a captive nut positioned in the right place etc.....the rear panel isnt quite so complicated.

Also - the price is only estimated at the moment so may of course be a bit higher!

Would the rear panel include the inner rolled top double skin where the boot latch, lights and wiring are recess into?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Mike. said:

Would the rear panel include the inner rolled top double skin where the boot latch, lights and wiring are recess into?

Yes - in theory. What we have been looking at is the complete rear panel (including the inner light housing, and also a lower repair panel - which would be up to the bottom of the lights (see below for an idea of the Hadrian Panel that you could get a few years back). 

I must point that out that prices for this are very much approximate at this stage and until they make up the pre production sample, they wont know how much manual work is involved. For example, the new MkI Golf rear panel is £271 and is similar in construction. I reckon £200 - £300 but we will wait and see what they say for definite. The club has provided a panel for use as a template already, and they already had a spare but didn't know what it was from so we have the ideal scenario for getting these made up next.

Pic - Hadrian Repair Panel (Lower section)

Coupe Rear  repair.jpg

12 hours ago, Irmscher Man said:

Also - the price is only estimated at the moment so may of course be a bit higher!

If order was increased from 10 to 20, would the price decrease?😶😯

1 hour ago, ®evo03 said:

I think it would be a great idea for  something that the club can use any spare funds to invest in making sone for stock.

2 hours ago, ®evo03 said:

I doubt it but it is always worth asking the question. The club isn't really in control of the manufacturing or pricing of these parts, we are just working with the manufacturer to get Manta Parts onto their production list. The easiest thing we can do is negotiate a club discount for all members, which lets face it, will be well worth the cost of membership on the purchase of a couple of parts. I will see if they are able to reduce the price on an initial batch if we guarantee 20 sales however.

19 minutes ago, Jessopia74 said:

I think it would be a great idea for  something that the club can use any spare funds to invest in making sone for stock.

We could buy some for the club and keep them in stock but the beauty of this scheme is that as soon as there is demand, the manufacturers will run off another batch. They will keep the moulds and tooling required for each part, so this gives availability well into the future for everything we help them to get back into production. I think the club funds would be better spent on getting more parts into production than having a large supply of panels sitting around to be honest. 

• Like 1

Most certainly I would like a complete rear manta b coupe panel, but it would be price depending, I’ll push the yes button so as to show interest and hopefully get 20+ and the price as keen as possible 👍

I have a nos lower repair section as pictured. I'd gladly donate it if we can get the ball rolling and I get one back in return. Not sure in the above post if you are referring to a full rear panel or lower section that they already have to copy. 

I'm fairly sure I have a complete vauxhall cavalier mk1 coupe rear panel complete and brand new. 

It's the same as a coupe manta one but instead of the number plate holes it's got lots of tiny holes for the vauxhall letters. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/05/2021 at 20:54, ANDY ABBOTT said:

I have a nos lower repair section as pictured. I'd gladly donate it if we can get the ball rolling and I get one back in return. Not sure in the above post if you are referring to a full rear panel or lower section that they already have to copy. 

Fortunately, they have the full rear panel to copy (which the club supplied). Whilst we were visiting them, Robert (shop Foreman) popped out of our meeting and came back 5 minutes later with another Manta B rear panel....."so that's what this is then, thought it was for a Manta". This is potentially very good news as they will have an OEM panel to make up the tooling and a spare one to use as a reference when finishing the repro ones.

• Like 2