Rear axle brake backplates wanted

paulmanta

15 hours ago, paulmanta said:

Hi,  GTE rear axle brake drum backplates wanted! 

Anyone got a decent pair that they want to sell please? 

P. 

I have two sets in the garage but I cannot remember if they are auto adjusters or manual.

I shall check and get back to you 

• Like 1

I swear I get a different ebay to everyone else!  I looked and there were none listed that I could see. 

I'll watch those and might buy them if they stay reasonable priced, I don't want the drums so that might make it lighter to post. 

I have put a bid on, I have none here and 4 mantas, one of which has a disc conversion that is coming off and getting replaced with the drums. So buying 2 pairs might be a good idea so I have a spare pair to restore and store until I need them. 

Snowy, thanks, if they are self adjuster type and not the ones with the big captive bolts then I'm interested. 

P. 

Edited by paulmanta
Additional info
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, paulmanta said:

I swear I get a different ebay to everyone else!  I looked and there were none listed that I could see. 

I'll watch those and might buy them if they stay reasonable priced, I don't want the drums so that might make it lighter to post. 

I have put a bid on, I have none here and 4 mantas, one of which has a disc conversion that is coming off and getting replaced with the drums. So buying 2 pairs might be a good idea so I have a spare pair to restore and store until I need them. 

Snowy, thanks, if they are self adjuster type and not the ones with the big captive bolts then I'm interested. 

P. 

Is this what you're after?

20210529_112117.jpg

20210529_112134.jpg

I was looking to get hold of a pair of backplates a couple of years ago, because the hexigan heads of the adjusters had worn round, I failed to find any, so I welded new hexigan heads that I cut of bolts, on to the existing adjusters,  PERFECT!!

• Like 3

On 28/05/2021 at 20:53, paulmanta said:

I swear I get a different ebay to everyone else! 

Quote of the week! 😀

8 hours ago, Julian said:

I was looking to get hold of a pair of backplates a couple of years ago, because the hexigan heads of the adjusters had worn round, I failed to find any, so I welded new hexigan heads that I cut of bolts, on to the existing adjusters,  PERFECT!!

I cut into adjusters, that where pyramid shape! Made the stump round, enough to fit inside 17mm nut, copper washer first then nut welded on, perfect! Back to original. 

Copper washer, holds it tight, no slack without moving with socket! 

• Like 1