Manta B GTE ENGINE. FREE TO A GOOD HOME.

Troubled Taff

I have an 84, GTE ENGINE which, unfortunately is taking too much space. If anyone thinks they have a good home for it they are welcome to adopt it. It was a runner up until about 18 months ago but I couldn't tell you how many miles it has sorry. 

It has to go this month, if you let me know you defiantly want it, I'll hang onto it but if no one sticks their hand up by Wednesday 16th June, it's toast and off to the metal munchers sadly. I have looked I don't think it's got an unleaded head. 

So to recap. 1984, 2L, Opel Manta GTE engine, FOC, reserve by 16 June 2021, collection only (Juction 7 M3, Basingstoke), by the end of June 2021. It was a runner, turns with a spanner, but no guarantee sorry. First hand in the air secures. (If any hands go up !).

I hope this helps someone keep another Manta on the road.

Stay safe.

• Like 2

On 08/06/2021 at 17:10, Troubled Taff said:

I have an 84, GTE ENGINE which, unfortunately is taking too much space. If anyone thinks they have a good home for it they are welcome to adopt it. It was a runner up until about 18 months ago but I couldn't tell you how many miles it has sorry. 

It has to go this month, if you let me know you defiantly want it, I'll hang onto it but if no one sticks their hand up by Wednesday 16th June, it's toast and off to the metal munchers sadly. I have looked I don't think it's got an unleaded head. 

So to recap. 1984, 2L, Opel Manta GTE engine, FOC, reserve by 16 June 2021, collection only (Juction 7 M3, Basingstoke), by the end of June 2021. It was a runner, turns with a spanner, but no guarantee sorry. First hand in the air secures. (If any hands go up !).

I hope this helps someone keep another Manta on the road.

Stay safe.

I am interested, could you PM your post code so I can see how much it would cost me to get picked up?

Thanks 

3 hours ago, Troubled Taff said:

Sorry, PM? Anyway, it's RG22

Private message sorry, I just know that some people don't like putting personal details on an open forum.

I will get a price for collection as you're a bit too far for me to nip down and collect

What is still attached to the engine if you don't mind me asking? Things like the dissy, engine mounts, inlet manifold etc 

Thanks

24 minutes ago, Troubled Taff said:

I'll take a photo. D izzy, engine mounts attached. I think I have an exhaust manifold to send with it. I may have an inlet and injector rail but not sure I want to let that go. But I'll look I may have two, I'll can send one of I do. 

It's too expensive for me to get it collected sorry, but I might be able to come and collect it if that would be ok? Thanks 

I'll take a photo. D izzy, engine mounts attached. I think I have an exhaust manifold to send with it. I may have an inlet and injector rail but not sure I want to let that go. But I'll look I may have two. Collect ok by me but It will have to go fairly soon sorry. I may have a 5 speed centre consul as well. Any thing else you need?

12 hours ago, Troubled Taff said:

I'll take a photo. D izzy, engine mounts attached. I think I have an exhaust manifold to send with it. I may have an inlet and injector rail but not sure I want to let that go. But I'll look I may have two. Collect ok by me but It will have to go fairly soon sorry. I may have a 5 speed centre consul as well. Any thing else you need?

Nothing else thanks. I wouldn't be able to get down to pick this engine up for weeks at the moment. I've shopped around for collection but I think due to the weight it's just coming back far too expensive. 

Thanks anyway.

Drop me a note on troubled.taff@yahoo.com, we'll see if we can sort something out. I hate to dump it but I can't keep it for long and all the other metal is going to the scrap man this week. I can stick it in the boot of my old  Astra when they come for that. If I keep it, It will take a lot of shifting if its not wanted later. What's the cost there to move it courier? Drop me a line. !

4 hours ago, Troubled Taff said:

Drop me a note on troubled.taff@yahoo.com, we'll see if we can sort something out. I hate to dump it but I can't keep it for long and all the other metal is going to the scrap man this week. I can stick it in the boot of my old  Astra when they come for that. If I keep it, It will take a lot of shifting if its not wanted later. What's the cost there to move it courier? Drop me a line. !

The quotes were coming back around £300 for a man and van, but on a pallet it would be about £70 with a courier. So any chance you have a pallet to tie it onto?

I have emailed you.

Thanks

Edited by Snowy

• 4 weeks later...