• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

May 2021 At this point in the proceedings I nearly changed my mind on the colour. Thought she looked fantastic in black.    Underseal to inside the wings, wheel arches and new boot floor a

February 2021 Bonnet, boot, doors and wings get some more tlc and the engine bay gets the full treatment. Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

I’ve been meaning to post details of my project for some time but never seem to get round to it. Well I’m not putting it off any longer. KDF 831V has been in my family since around 1985 and

Posted Images

Often she looks dark brown then the light changes and she’s Sandy 🤷‍♂️

I started with some easy jobs;

Headlights in,

Door handles and locks fitted (boot lock mislaid),

Rear lights,

Badges - so people know what it is 😂,

Bonnet struts and catch,

VIN plate,

Front and rear bumpers reassembled- the powder coating made them hard to reassemble,

Bumpers fitted.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 6

i found that with mine too when it was hazel brown. the brochure pics look superb and potray it as a dark brown but in brighter sunlight the metallic is more apparent but the colour looks more goldy .similar story with lots of colours realy especialy metallics. and again even more so on some of the modern super  bright colours ,perlescent i beleive.

either way great cars anyway especially pre82 years and well ahead of their time in the day and hold there own nowadays in virtually all scenarios

• Like 3

Looking forward to seeing this one when finished! I do like the late model SRB Coupe's with the black plastic bumpers. More so in Hazel Brown.

• Thanks 1