KDF 831V Code Brown

Jonathan Pounsett

47 minutes ago, ®evo03 said:

Thanks -but I’m looking for a block of rubber to make some spacers to cushion and retain the radiator.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve found a couple of rouge wires running across the dashboard and terminating by the passenger side air vent. 

One is black and the other is white & black. Both have female connectors and come out of the factory loom. 

Any ideas?

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Very clean 👍. Was thinking of using remote thermostat housing with the SAAB lump as it would solve some issues but introducing others. It would allow other coolant bypass prior to the stat, and that’s also an issue. Looks like it plumbed in nicely.

• 2 weeks later...

I need to run a return fuel line to the tank but as it’s a non fuel injection car there are no connections.

How can I achieve this?

My initial thought was to put a tee in the fuel line before the filter and pump but I was concerned the pump might suck fuel down the return pipe and mess with the fuel regulator.

Second thought was to tee into the breather pipe above the tank and just let gravity deal with it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jonathan Pounsett said:

I need to run a return fuel line to the tank but as it’s a non fuel injection car there are no connections.

How can I achieve this?

My initial thought was to put a tee in the fuel line before the filter and pump but I was concerned the pump might suck fuel down the return pipe and mess with the fuel regulator.

Second thought was to tee into the breather pipe above the tank and just let gravity deal with it.

TBH GTE dual tank is a straight swap and has built in swirl pot. Otherwise it’s get a return pipe tapped into your tank. 
How about chop the large vent pipe to filler kneck and go in there capillary style with a unequal Tee to accepct capillary return pipe ~8mm. You will need to push return solid pipe 8mm all the way down into tank so it does interfere with venting of the tank or feed up into kneck.

Crude pic attached, black is hose, white clips 😂

Edited by Jessopia74
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had the new roof lining remade because the material the black roof bar section was made of would only stretch in one direction and I couldn’t form the curved transition without loads of ripples.

It’s much better now but I’m not completely happy with it 😬.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve installed the fuel pump and filter below the passenger side rear seat. It’s mounted on rubber bobbins but there’s still some noticeable vibration. (It won’t affect me as I’ll never sit there 😁)

First time I’ve made and installed nylon pipes (high pressure side) and I’m very happy with the results..

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

Tidy work indeed. The feed pipe to the pump is a bit small. Never seen them less than 1/2”. And usually the filter is on the pressure side. Just a pre-filter before pump. 

3 hours ago, cam.in.head said:

yes the pump feed is usually bigger than the outlet .

HOWEVER i ran a senator many years ago on a carlton carb tank with a 8mm feed and adapter. it never gave any issues to running or damaged any pumps .

The original lines for my engine were 8mm throughout so I hope they will be okay. I need to concentrate on getting the car finished or I won’t get chance to enjoy it this year. If 8mm pipes prove to be inadequate I’ll change them over the winter months.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...