“Project” GTE Hatch on eBay

nice to see a solid car with very little rust in the great scheme of things . reminds me of when i started to do the welding on mine back in the nineties but mine needed much more on the floors and inner wings. although its a shame hes let the repairs rust up badly .a fair bit there would need removing and starting again in my opinion.

would be a nice car to get back to standard too ,doesnt look too far out mainly ref gearbox,tunnel,mount.

its gone into the chassis rail and does look bad to a non trained non manta person / classic owner but as we all know ( and have experienced) they can certainly corrode a hell of a lot more than that and only in the worst cases can they not be saved.

it would be nice working on a manta with a non messed about with area of corrosion that can be tackled and viewed in its entirety.  at the end of the day and depending on your own sequence of events it would be 

cut out everything rusty visible.floor back to sound steel,jacking point off,footwell same as required  and then i would rapair chassis rail inner first.

chassis rail outer

jacking point replace 

floor section

front footwell

side footwell

• Like 1