Opel Manta 1.8 hatch,34k £4,500 ONO

iarthur

With the late Ian Virco’s estate now slowly being finalised, we can now start disposing of the Manta’s. The first on the block is “young gold”, which was certainly his Sunday best! Sadly it failed it’s MOT in 2016 due to some grot in the back of the sills, it was then added to a long list of broken Mantas!

so this is how it sits today, I’ve seen much much worse but it needs someone who loves it and give it the tlc it deserves.

I am going to focus on the negatives, but this is from casting an eye over it rather than a full inspection!

Hazard light switch doesn’t work

Interior needs a bloody good deep clean. In fact everything needs a good clean.

it has an after market electronic fuel pump, which just needs throwing away and the mechanical plumbed back in.

it has a manual choke, remember those?

It’s history is currently still missing,but we have the log book and I will endeavour to find the rest.

The rot on the sill hasn’t got any better!

still no MOT.

Good points? One key does all locks.

It’s a straight old thing

its not rotten

no sun roof

It starts and run, but it hasn’t been run for long as I’m sure it due a cam belt and the coolant is drained.

Current wheels have as new tyres

we have the original wheels(it’s show wheels).

Ian’s wishes would be that it stayed within the club, but I also have a life and a family. So if you message me and ask for my best price, it’s £5500(£1,000 more than advised). If you want me to take more photos or a video,I’m happy to do so as I have nothing to hide.

I am not a trader, but I can help with delivery if needed. I have got to the asking price by looking at the Cat D 1800 hatch on Car and Classic for £6,995……so I feel we are being realistic, but likewise, it needs to go.

car is in the North of Milton Keynes.

Admin have kindly offered to host the photos this evening…..so hold fire!

F038C288-9C97-4BDC-BDB7-3525727E8924.jpeg

F058857C-A4A2-4307-9BC9-80EBA7A8E9D1.jpeg

36F2D8DE-0023-4F23-8DA7-BA02B8BAEFF3.jpeg

AE88A78D-97AB-4B64-827A-B52785046AA2.jpeg

9976CE16-1694-4E0E-B605-8A1A3E06C70B.jpeg

5F70CD62-3294-4809-AF4A-22CA0A394DFE.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, iarthur said:

With the late Ian Virco’s estate now slowly being finalised, we can now start disposing of the Manta’s. The first on the block is “young gold”, which was certainly his Sunday best! Sadly it failed it’s MOT in 2016 due to some grot in the back of the sills, it was then added to a long list of broken Mantas!

so this is how it sits today, I’ve seen much much worse but it needs someone who loves it and give it the tlc it deserves.

I am going to focus on the negatives, but this is from casting an eye over it rather than a full inspection!

Hazard light switch doesn’t work

Interior needs a bloody good deep clean. In fact everything needs a good clean.

it has an after market electronic fuel pump, which just needs throwing away and the mechanical plumbed back in.

it has a manual choke, remember those?

It’s history is currently still missing,but we have the log book and I will endeavour to find the rest.

The rot on the sill hasn’t got any better!

still no MOT.

Good points? One key does all locks.

It’s a straight old thing

its not rotten

no sun roof

It starts and run, but it hasn’t been run for long as I’m sure it due a cam belt and the coolant is drained.

Current wheels have as new tyres

we have the original wheels(it’s show wheels).

Ian’s wishes would be that it stayed within the club, but I also have a life and a family. So if you message me and ask for my best price, it’s £5500(£1,000 more than advised). If you want me to take more photos or a video,I’m happy to do so as I have nothing to hide.

I am not a trader, but I can help with delivery if needed. I have got to the asking price by looking at the Cat D 1800 hatch on Car and Classic for £6,995……so I feel we are being realistic, but likewise, it needs to go.

car is in the North of Milton Keynes.

Admin have kindly offered to host the photos this evening…..so hold fire!

Would you PM me the post code of the collection point so I can figure out how much it would cost to get it back to north Wales.

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, iarthur said:

Guess I over estimated the demand for Opel Mantas

willing to listening to any offers before the second week of September 

I am serious in wanting this it would just cost more than I want to pay to get it delivered. 

PM me with a price and maybe we can work something out.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, iarthur said:

Snowy, drop me your postcode and what your budget is and I will investigate transportation for you.

again, not in the trade. But I do have a few strings I can pull due to my occupation!

PM sent.

Thanks 

Found a few more MOTs today,so it’s gone from just the log book and one MOT to, a log book and a few more MOTs.

I will have continue to hunt for the rest of the history,Annoyingly I’ve seen it and it included the original bill of sale.

It started straight up today and jump started my Defender, this really isn’t a bad old Manta folks!