New to OMOC but not Mantas.

Bruce Hockley

Hi everyone, 

My name is Bruce from Westbury Wiltshire and I have just agreed to purchase a pair of South African 1972 Manta A's. One is a running driving car, the other is a bit more of a parts car.

I don't have any pics yet but plan on taking lots of pics or even videoing the lives of these cars.

I used to own a Manta B lhd 1.3 engined GT/J when I lived in Germany in the early 2000s which I upgraded to a 1.8 and 5 speed box before its untimely demise in an accident. 

I plan to use all the best bits to keep the runner at its best and maybe turn the parts car into a restomod as it has soooo many original parts missing.

Any help and advice will be gratefully received. I am a mechanic of over 30 years and now teach mechanics to the military so I know my way around a workshop but not the Manta A specifically. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bruce Hockley said:

Hi everyone, 

My name is Bruce from Westbury Wiltshire and I have just agreed to purchase a pair of South African 1972 Manta A's. One is a running driving car, the other is a bit more of a parts car.

I don't have any pics yet but plan on taking lots of pics or even videoing the lives of these cars.

I used to own a Manta B lhd 1.3 engined GT/J when I lived in Germany in the early 2000s which I upgraded to a 1.8 and 5 speed box before its untimely demise in an accident. 

I plan to use all the best bits to keep the runner at its best and maybe turn the parts car into a restomod as it has soooo many original parts missing.

Any help and advice will be gratefully received. I am a mechanic of over 30 years and now teach mechanics to the military so I know my way around a workshop but not the Manta A specifically. 

Welcome Bruce. If you have 30 years experience as a mechanic I will be coming to you for help and advice. 

8 hours ago, Bruce Hockley said:

Welcome to the club.

Do you teach in Lynham?

Welcome Bruce, good to have you here. I’m sure you will find some folks that are willing to help out with any technical queries that crop up. They are simple cars by today’s standards but sourcing parts can sometimes be tricky but this is where the members can out too. There are some good suppliers in Germany and The Netherlands, if you know where to look.

Good luck with the Resto’s ……and don’t forget to post some pics!

Hi Bruce

Welcome to the OMOC, i see you live not far from me.

We have a few active members in the Bristol area & some just over the bridge in South Wales. We try & meet up about once a month so if you would like to join us then let me know.

Look forward to seeing some pics of your cars once you get them. 

Got the first car home today. Drove off the trailer and onto the drive. Moments later a young woman asked if she could take a picture of it as it was "Cool, not seen one of them before!"

On 14/09/2021 at 11:35, Rapierdave said:

Hi Bruce

Welcome to the OMOC, i see you live not far from me.

We have a few active members in the Bristol area & some just over the bridge in South Wales. We try & meet up about once a month so if you would like to join us then let me know.

Look forward to seeing some pics of your cars once you get them. 

20210917_171917.jpg

20210917_165457.jpg

• Like 7