Coupe panels

starmist

I know it's a long shot, but does anyone have any new or as good as new panels that they are willing to sell.

I am trying to save a 1988 exclusive coupe that needs most panels.

P.s I already have rear quarter's and sills 

• Like 1

Yeah, sounds like a spare shell 😀

I got some great cuts from early shells that I have been collecting over the last couple of years, but never seen any rear inner arches 😬

Might be some of the others NOS available from the sellers on continent though. 

• Thanks 1

On 05/10/2021 at 18:49, mantasrme said:

Whats that bit meant to fit i wonder? Doesn't look right for an inner rear wheel arch off a manta

Looks like a trailer wheel arch lol. 

si, try getting in touch with mesh, he had a couple of red wings that needed a small amount of work. Might be worth getting and repairing. I repaired a rusty wing for my B because finding mint ones is expensive

1 hour ago, Sutty2006 said:

Looks like a trailer wheel arch lol. 

si, try getting in touch with mesh, he had a couple of red wings that needed a small amount of work. Might be worth getting and repairing. I repaired a rusty wing for my B because finding mint ones is expensive

Thanks, my wings aren't too bad but I would buy mint/new if I could.

12 hours ago, starmist said:

Thanks, my wings aren't too bad but I would buy mint/new if I could.

It’s finding them and not getting ripped off that’s the issue haha. If you can find good genuine wings second hand they’re better than new non genuine ones. I think the club needs to get things like wings, sills, arches, wing rails etc done next. 

3 hours ago, Sutty2006 said:

It’s finding them and not getting ripped off that’s the issue haha. If you can find good genuine wings second hand they’re better than new non genuine ones. I think the club needs to get things like wings, sills, arches, wing rails etc done next. 

Sills, arches and wing rails are all available from germany. I think getting things done that are not available anywhere would be the best first choice and i believe coupe roof skins should be high on the list for the club as that will allow a lot of shells to be saved that would otherwise be scrapped.

• Like 2

Remember prices being relatively low in the 90's...remember buying a  complete front panel, 4 wings for £250, both rear quarters for £150 each...the trick was to buy when panels/parts  come up for sale, not when you needed them.... or if you were lucky, a rear quarter and boot lid in a skip at a dealers in Devon on my hols...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mantasrme said:

Sills, arches and wing rails are all available from germany. I think getting things done that are not available anywhere would be the best first choice and i believe coupe roof skins should be high on the list for the club as that will allow a lot of shells to be saved that would otherwise be scrapped.

Yes you’re very right. Do we know anyone who has a genuine coupe roof skin they want to have destroyed? It’s a hard decision to make, especially how they’re worth more than a small child now. 

12 hours ago, Sutty2006 said:

Yes you’re very right. Do we know anyone who has a genuine coupe roof skin they want to have destroyed? It’s a hard decision to make, especially how they’re worth more than a small child now. 

Pretty sure the club bought one for that use a while back.

Yes - I have been buying various panels for my own use for over 25 years now and when anything crops up that looks to be super rare of I know it will "come in handy" I bought it and put it up the loft or in my unit. I have pretty much every available panel for a coupe including some really hard to find bits, but then again I have 3 Coupes to keep going and no intention of selling any of them just yet!

The good news is that I've also been doing this for the club for the last few years too and we have a decent little stock of panels that we will be looking at getting reproduced with our supplier. The ones that we have for reproduction are:

• Opel Manta A Front lower Valance
  • Opel Manta C Coupe rear panel
  • Opel Manta C Coupe – Complete Roof Skin (non Sunroof obv!)
  • Opel Manta C Offside doorskin
  • Opel Manta C Offside outer wing
  • Opel Manta C  N/S and O/S inner wings
  • Opel Manta C Coupe rear quarter panel

We are always looking out for other items that would be useful and/or rare and fortunately, we do get tipped off to quite a few before they come up for general sale as we have a good network of contacts in Europe.

• Like 3