Club Buy Spares?

Manta parts sideline business going there, just think, you can list 40 item for free, just sitback and let the bucks roll in, 

That is, after scavenging all the good parts out, and post office trips being part of your daily routine. 

Post office trip are not for me, find them very 19 century! 

Edited by ®evo03
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ®evo03 said:

Manta parts sideline business going there, just think, you can list 40 item for free, just sitback and let the bucks roll in, 

That is, after scavenging all the good parts out, and post office trips being part of your daily routine. 

I’d rather keep them as spares. That way if any item is needed in the future you won’t have to pay an arm and a leg to get it. That’s why prices are quite expensive. 

On 13/10/2021 at 18:59, ®evo03 said:

Royal Mail collect from your door these days. Welcome to the 21st Century...

Although I still prefer doing it the C19 way

• Like 1

it looked like it fetched a good price.

when i needed to loose some storage space last year ( i think although could have been year before ?) i had 3 lock ups full of loards of cav/ manta stuff and put an ad on here but hardly got any replies. most of it went to the tip in the end.just kept a few bits that i might need in the future. shame realy but no one wanted anything then.

seems like they would have sold now but thats sods law for ya

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cam.in.head said:

it looked like it fetched a good price.

when i needed to loose some storage space last year ( i think although could have been year before ?) i had 3 lock ups full of loards of cav/ manta stuff and put an ad on here but hardly got any replies. most of it went to the tip in the end.just kept a few bits that i might need in the future. shame realy but no one wanted anything then.

seems like they would have sold now but thats sods law for ya

Problem is, seeing it. Some things usually slip under the radar for a lot of folk. Me included 🤣

oh definately. trouble is you end up being a bit of a hourder. 

i have kept many parts from the eighties thinking i may need them but over the years after many a spring clean lots of now valuable parts have been binned. back in the day there was no ebay so that was the only thing to do.

shamerealy as ive thrown many wings and other panels away that only had very small rust areas.still got a few bits left though.but nothing like i had. i used to buy cars for £20 just for the fun of learning how to dismantle them and see how stuff worked.

lost to the scrapman were many an ascona,cav,manta,royale,carlton and a pretty mint mk1 granada !

in the next coming months/ years i will tidy up further and list any bits i dont think il need ! ( bad statement !)

• Like 3