1984 GT hatch auction

Definitely a good advert even if it does go on a bit. Would be a bit concerned with rust coming through so soon after a respray and the bolster wear with such low mileage. Still a good hatch ready to go and enjoy for someone. 

• Like 1

The fresh coat of stonechip underneath (that put overspray on everything else) is always a concern to me.

Also while there are a load of pictures, why so many arty shots rather than good straight on pictures to show all the areas?

• Like 2

Speaking of things lurking underneath there is a little brown mk1 Cav on Fleabay for 2.5k and I thought it looked quite tidy on the surface and was toying with getting it for my lad(at the right price) but there were no pictures of under the bonnet or the floor. Got sent a few pictures and the battery was sat on a piece of roofing felt 🤣 I then got the underneath shot and it looks like the roofing felt was stuck down with silicone, a novel solution! MOT checker shows the last one had advisories for rot, it will be a patchwork quilt underneath! 

13 hours ago, TheRealExile said:

Speaking of things lurking underneath there is a little brown mk1 Cav on Fleabay for 2.5k and I thought it looked quite tidy on the surface and was toying with getting it for my lad(at the right price) but there were no pictures of under the bonnet or the floor. Got sent a few pictures and the battery was sat on a piece of roofing felt 🤣 I then got the underneath shot and it looks like the roofing felt was stuck down with silicone, a novel solution! MOT checker shows the last one had advisories for rot, it will be a patchwork quilt underneath! 

That's a pity as it looks pretty good in the photos.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265335735972?hash=item3dc73e06a4:g:jl0AAOSwiIhhVrES

Yeah bit of paint fade but looked nice enough, I'll upload the pics later. He says he can't get any shots of underneath as he has no ramp but the MOT history says enough unless the repairs are really good it will be a mess underneath. The battery tray repair sadly probably tells me the standard of the work done and I'm not going all the way to Edinburgh to be disappointed.

As with anything, always worth going for a look if seriously interested, some issues might be a big deal to some but a minor to someone else. An mot advisory could be a small issue or a fred flintstone replica. 

Took a chance on a blind buy once, asked what the car was like, i was told it was white, lol. Btw, it worked out fine! 

• Like 1

Front bolt for the wing seems to be missing too wonder if the rail has rotted away, A bit of custom hose repair going on too.

I think the top edge of the nose is full of bog as well if you zoom in you can see the white edge, could be tape residue but I'm going with bog.... still it looks tidy enough and for the right price and all that.

And each to their own but I do like the colour, my lad probably wouldn't be seen dead in it mind 😂

cavy-bonnet.jpg

cavvy-battery-tray.jpg

Yeah nose is full of filler. Looks like it's had a bump in the past. Nose to bonnet gap is uneven, bumper is bent and the nose is the wrong shape.

I've got a new oldstock top half of a nosecone that can fix that.

20210505_201011.jpg

• Like 1