Opel Manta GTE Coupe for sale on E Bay 09/10/21 White Reg E123 LLE Does anybody in the Club know this car???

Dear All,

There is an Opel Manta GTE Coupe for sale on E Bay on 09/10/21 for £19995.00 its White Reg E123 LLE Does anybody in the Club know this car?? It doen't have any service history and has had three owners from HPi check. I am keen to take al look at it.

Would welcome any thoughts from Members.

Regards,

David

Well the mot history shows off the road for 5 years on for a year then off for 7 before that, lots of past corrosion issues.

Other than minor rust on the scuttle lip it does seem very nice, strong money though, I'd want to see how well the repairs have been done before parting with that amount of cash.

Thanks for the replies guys. The Reg N0 E123 LLE does not work on any search other than HPI lol. A bit strange??

Next question what's she worth with no history and dubious MOT assuming all corrosion work done to adequate standard after I've had a look at her? 

Many thanks.

Regards,

David 

4 hours ago, David Graham said:

Next question what's she worth with no history and dubious MOT assuming all corrosion work done to adequate standard after I've had a look at her? 

If it is as nice as it looks in the photos, and is solid underneath, it has to be worth somewhere between £15-20K. 

The best thing would be to start a dialogue with the owner via Ebay and see what you can find out re it's history etc. Also ask for more photos of the suspect areas and what corrosion repairs have actually be done. There are a few more photos on Facebook under the rear seats and boot and it looks very clean and untouched.

You might get a small discount for letting him keep the awful black/silver number plates! 🙂 I noticed on some of the photos posted on Facebook they are just stuck over the top of the proper plates.

E123LLe 1.jpg

Edited by Monaco Blue

Personally I think £20k is too strong, £15k is too strong but I’d say that’s the max for one of these (my personal opinion will differ to others). Had it been a low mileage, unrestored, mint condition manta then perhaps 17/18k at a push. I know times have changed for prices but there will be a limit to everyone’s budget eventually. 

Well thanks fort your input guys.

I have made contact with the owner and we had a chat this morning. It seems there is no history at all with the car and he's only had it since June 2020 the previous owner had it stored for many years and has sadly passed away which is when the current owner got the car.  The bodywork does not look too bad from the photos and video he sent, even the sunroof works lol. I agree the price is too strong though for a shot in the dark with no history car like this one, but if its all good on inspection and runs well I would buy it at a price, but I'm going to need a margin for unforeseen work  i think given the MOT runs out in November 2021.

Regards,

David    

• Like 1

Are you looking for a coupe or coupe GTE?

mine is getting closer to becoming available, perhaps, that is reasonable miles, and gone through a restoration with slight upgrades* that can be easy undone if you want to invest towards concours standard.

On 10/10/2021 at 13:45, David Graham said:

No Thanks Jessopia, its a GTE Coupe or Hatch I'm after. Regards, David 

This ones better priced. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1987-Opel-Manta-2-2-Irmscher-Exclusive-Coupe-/274983717681?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, David Graham said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1987-Opel-Manta-2-2-Irmscher-Exclusive-Coupe-/274983717681?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Oh dear that was gone even before I had time to see the ad lol. How much was he asking?

Regards David 

£11995

• 2 weeks later...