Ebay: YOF2T 79 Manta SRB Coupe for sale

4 minutes ago, Shaun400r said:

First thing I changed 

With a new one? 

i had a box full of old ones from old clocks. All of them were duff. I only fit these now. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Semiconductor-Voltage-Stabilizer-Vauxhall-Opel-Manta-/284415369023?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

2 hours ago, TheRealExile said:

I guess the market will dictate what it is worth but have a bid nowt to lose, stick 4 and a half in you never know.

True. Early mantas's b are not very popular in the market. So, I am afraid that after putting £4.5k and lets say winning to find out that owner wants (lets say) twice more, lol

26 minutes ago, Sutty2006 said:

With a new one? 

i had a box full of old ones from old clocks. All of them were duff. I only fit these now. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Semiconductor-Voltage-Stabilizer-Vauxhall-Opel-Manta-/284415369023?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Yes from a known working dash and double checked 

41 minutes ago, Dave0110 said:

True. Early mantas's b are not very popular in the market. So, I am afraid that after putting £4.5k and lets say winning to find out that owner wants (lets say) twice more, lol

Need to have a bid to see if you hit the reserve, the owner will have it set to the minimum he will take. My personal preference has always been  for an early SR but maybe that is because it was my first Manta, decent ones like Stu's on here can fetch good money. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Dave0110 said:

If you put a bid of 4.5k on and don’t win, you haven’t lost anything? Reserve could be slightly higher and you get offered a deal. Nothing to loose at all. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dave0110 said:

Most sellers want as much as possible for something they are selling. Ebay auctions lets that value be decided by the market to what value potential buyers put on it and bid up to. If you end up as the highest bidder but haven't met the reserve then the market is saying thats the value of it at that particular moment. The seller then has the option of contacting you and making a deal or waiting and listing it again.

Predicting values of cars is very hard as one auction will go way higher than anyone expected and the next might make nothing. It all depends on how many people are wanting to buy something at that point.

Nothing to loose from putting a bid in at as much as you are willing to offer though. You might win it, but if you don't it hasn't cost anything.

• Like 5

TBH, despite outwardly looking in good condition, I will be surprised if it gets much beyond £4500. If it was a standard SRB it would be worth whatever, but this one is de-chromed, Vinyl roof removed, has later model door cards, the ATS alloys are matt black (which look horrible imho) and it probably needs a full respray. 

Still a worthwhile buy at the right price. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Monaco Blue said:

TBH, despite outwardly looking in good condition, I will be surprised if it gets much beyond £4500. If it was a standard SRB it would be worth whatever, but this one is de-chromed, Vinyl roof removed, has later model door cards, the ATS alloys are matt black (which look horrible imho) and it probably needs a full respray. 

Still a worthwhile buy at the right price. 

I'd certainly have bid 4,500 to get such a solid base if I hadn't done a deal already, would that get it? We shall have to see.  As ever each to their own and beauty is in the eye of the beholder 🙂

3 hours ago, starmist said:

I have seen it and it is very solid underneath.

I don't doubt it. It looked solid in the photos 

38 minutes ago, TheRealExile said:

As ever each to their own and beauty is in the eye of the beholder 🙂

Very true! 

• Like 1

I think for some people the real value of it is that it is an early none sunroof coupe shell. Having that as a starting point rather than havng to pay someone to weld up a rusty shell would be a bonus. Whether that is to build a project from or reshell an existing rusty coupe it would be a good base.

I know one of my customers sold his tatty GT/e coupe while prices were good and bought a rust free none sunroof rolling shell that had had all the welding just done for half the price he sold his for. Which he is (or specifically i am) going to build a 400R from as it worked out cheaper and quicker to do that than rebuild his car into it one.

• Like 2