Ebay: 86C Oriental Blue GTE Coupe

• Monaco Blue changed the title to Ebay: 86C Oriental Blue GTE Coupe

I know its early in the auction still but i'm very suprised this has already reached £3200 when the none rusty early white coupe only made it up to £3900 last week after 10 days.

This needs a whole load of work to get it back on the road. For someone wanting a GT/e it would have been much easier/cheaper to convert the early B to a GT/e.

Or am i missing something?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mantasrme said:

I know its early in the auction still but i'm very suprised this has already reached £3200 when the none rusty early white coupe only made it up to £3900 last week after 10 days.

This needs a whole load of work to get it back on the road. For someone wanting a GT/e it would have been much easier/cheaper to convert the early B to a GT/e.

Or am i missing something?

Ah, but they didn't make T plate GTE's (well not RHD ones) but yes a fair point. It would have needed a fair bit of work to turn it into a GTE replica. Spoilers front & rear, side skirts, all the injection bits etc. Interior trim & seats & wheels. 

2 hours ago, TheRealExile said:

Think it went unsold reserve not met  for 4500 not sure what Sean wanted for it but a very solid looking car, don't get why the early B cars don't seem to fetch as much, I prefer them in all honesty.

TBH, despite it being solid, it would have needed a fair bit of effort to get it back to oem condition what with all the missing trim etc. Plus it probably needed a respray.

Like you, I do like a B1 SRB, coupe or hatch. I prefer the late models with the plastic bumpers and nicer interior. 

The interior on this still looks remarkably healthy from what you can see🙂......but not so with the all inclusive and not so rare manta tin worm😒

At seriously strong money currently for this example though.😬

Edited by evo3000

A challenge for the main manta restorers on here, no point in starting with a real good shell, it would be a crazy challenge but could, should, would, it be done!

Someone with all the right bits, repair panels, cuts, and access to proper, jigs, spits, etc. What a showcase, or nutcase thing to do? 

The rear panel looks decent (ish)

Edited by ®evo03